+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which Blue Collar Jobs Available in Canada

Nihal.Jabeel

Apr 12, 2018
Hi, i am becoming temporary resident in Canada in near future.

Anyone can please tell me that which blue collar jobs / part time jobs are available in Toronto , Mississauga that i can immediately and easily join once i land Canada, as i don't have any job offer yet. I just want to meet my expenses there immediately.

Furthermore what is the rate for per hour work for blue collar workers in Toronto.

Is there any limit of working hours per day or week (maximum working hour per day or week) for Blue Collar workers?

Please help me from your experiences.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Your post is confusing given in your other posts you talk about taking up a study permit and your spouse applying for a work permit to go with your study permit. Now you are talking about becoming a temporary resident which in itself does not allow you to work without either a work permit or study permit, to work as a temporary resident without either or as a spouse of a permit holder would be illegal.

Are you still going down the study permit route ?

On a study permit you can only work part time 20 hours a week which generally is no where near enough to fund fees/living expenses plus you cannot work at all until classes start. In addition to work in Canada you need a SIN for which you need to be a citizen , a PR, a work or study permit holder or spouse of, being just a temp resident if that is what you implying would not work.

Minimum wage in Ontario is 14 CDN an hour but there are plenty of reference salaries if you Google and depends exactly what your definition/type of job you mean by blue collar.

Nihal.Jabeel

Apr 12, 2018
Your post is confusing given in your other posts you talk about taking up a study permit and your spouse applying for a work permit to go with your study permit. Now you are talking about becoming a temporary resident which in itself does not allow you to work without either a work permit or study permit, to work as a temporary resident without either or as a spouse of a permit holder would be illegal.

Are you still going down the study permit route ?

On a study permit you can only work part time 20 hours a week which generally is no where near enough to fund fees/living expenses plus you cannot work at all until classes start. In addition to work in Canada you need a SIN for which you need to be a citizen , a PR, a work or study permit holder or spouse of, being just a temp resident if that is what you implying would not work.

Minimum wage in Ontario is 14 CDN an hour but there are plenty of reference salaries if you Google and depends exactly what your definition/type of job you mean by blue collar.
Hi, Thanks for your response. You are right actually i have so many queries in my mind all the time. that's why i want to get information from every possible aspect.

We are planning for study permit and meanwhile one of us will apply for SOWP. I believe it would be quite difficult for us to get full time job immediately. Therefore i am working on every possible way to legally survive there. Last but not the least i am desperate enough to settle there. Thanks