+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which add should I send my application for extending post-grad work permit to?

yduck

Aug 31, 2009
at the end of 5580E. It says

1. Student work permit extensions (includes Co-op, Off-
Campus Work Permits and Internships):

Citizenship and Immigration -
Work Permit
CPC-Vegreville
6212 - 55th Avenue, Unit 202
Vegreville AB
T9C 1X6

2. New Student work permits (includes Co-op, Off-Campus
Work Permits, Internships and Post-Graduation Work
Permits)

Work Permit
CPC-Vegreville
6212 - 55th Avenue, Unit 555
Vegreville AB
T9C 1X6

It does not say which address is used for extending the post-grad work permit. Any suggestions?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
yduck said:
at the end of 5580E. It says

1. Student work permit extensions (includes Co-op, Off-
Campus Work Permits and Internships):

Work Permit
CPC-Vegreville
6212 - 55th Avenue, Unit 202
Vegreville AB
T9C 1X6

2. New Student work permits (includes Co-op, Off-Campus
Work Permits, Internships and Post-Graduation Work
Permits)

Work Permit
CPC-Vegreville
6212 - 55th Avenue, Unit 555
Vegreville AB
T9C 1X6

It does not say which address is used for extending the post-grad work permit. Any suggestions?
Yes it does, re-read the above.

PMM

bilalqamar

Nov 4, 2009
Hi

i've heard that u have to first get the approval from HRDC before extending ur post graduation work permit,mine permit is expiring in the end of this dec as i got only 1 year permit with 1 year masters. Will u pleae guide me for that. What are the chances? isnt it better to apply for a study permit instead.

Thanks

Raman_Ram

Star Member
May 25, 2009
extension can come under two categories.
1. lets say that you are eligible for a 1 or 3 yr post grad work permit but your passport expires before you could avail the full time period of work permit, then the visa officer will issue upto the passport validity date and will leave a comment on the permit paper "issued to the validity of passport". after you get your new passport, you can automatically apply for an extension for the remainder period. here u dont need am HSRDC approval, as it is simple logic that your work permit is truncated, one for the old passport and the remainder time for the new passport.

2. however if you are planning to stay beyond the full tenure of the work permit, then you must get an HSRDC opinion. this was the norm even before this post grad work permit came into force. i remember when the old system was in place, people who wanted to continue after their initial employer sponsored work permit expired had to reapply but must get an opinion. however it was easy then to extend if the employer vouches for you strongly and the HSRDC do know that after a yr of time in a company you would be a bit irreplaceable.

so the point is if your POST GRAD WORK PERMIT expired because of an early expiry of the old passport then its extension without approval. if the work permit has been used to its fullest validity, then the extension is beyond the scope of POST GRAD WORK PERMIT and needs to have an opinion for extension.

bilalqamar

Nov 4, 2009
Hi

Thnx a lot man,actually my passport is not expiring but my work permit is expiring. i was hoping to get my immigration till the end of this year but ihavent got anything yet. And now i've to leave Canada as my one year work permit is expirint on 25th of dec 2009. I dont think i have got enough timee for work permit extension. Is there any other way to prolong my saty until i get my immigration.

Appreciate for that man

Raman_Ram

Star Member
May 25, 2009
well you could rush to the closest college/university and ask for admission into a certificate or 1 yr program, starting jan 2010. with the offer letter apply for study permit. once you have applied for one, you are legally on a implied status that would make you stay in canada till a decision has been made.
hurry up and talk to a college or univ. u have exactly a week or so for many colleges to close their intake for jan. eventhough u r an international candidate, u r here and ur canadian transcripts r here. so admission is a very real possibility. remember only cert or 1 yr prog. its easy to get an offer letter from a college than a univ. and if at all they culd give u only for spring, just grab it and apply. hope this helps.