+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Whether to apply for an extension?

Olajaykay

Sep 19, 2019
Hi all,
I came into Canada on a visit Visa on April 28th 2019, my husband is here in a work permit. In June13 I put in an application for a work permit and the process time was 8 weeks so we expected that we would have gotten a reply latest August 13th. But we didn't hear anything, till now we still haven't heard anything and it's the 19th September. My status here expires on the 28th of October. We are thinking of applying for a visitor record extension before it reaches just so I don't lose status while waiting for the work permit.
Please advice me.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi all,
I came into Canada on a visit Visa on April 28th 2019, my husband is here in a work permit. In June13 I put in an application for a work permit and the process time was 8 weeks so we expected that we would have gotten a reply latest August 13th. But we didn't hear anything, till now we still haven't heard anything and it's the 19th September. My status here expires on the 28th of October. We are thinking of applying for a visitor record extension before it reaches just so I don't lose status while waiting for the work permit.
Please advice me.
You will have Implied Status while waiting for the decision on the OWP.
You would only end up out of status if the OWP is refused after Oct 28th.

harmangill

Sep 19, 2019
Current waiting time is 103 days you have to Check work permit extension timeline and you will be on implied status until you got decision from IRCC.