+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Whether Married or not will influence the PNP nomination result

yeliu

Oct 12, 2014
Hi, Guys,

I am just wondering if getting married will influence the PNP nomination process. Just to know if getting married will have some negative impacts on the PNP result.

Thanks! Happy holidays!

morgos47

Star Member
Dec 26, 2015
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Nomination.....
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
15-07-2015
Med's Request
11-12-2015
Med's Done....
19-12-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
LANDED..........
20-04-2016
I am married and we got AINP without any issues. Our single friends are still waiting (though they applied under a different stream so that might be the case). So my guess is it's fine, as long as your spouse is already in Canada, not somewhere else. In that case I have no idea.

yeliu

Oct 12, 2014
I am an international master student at UBC nearing graduating soon next year. I plan to apply through the BC PNP program early next year when the system is open. Undoubtedly, I will need your help to through the whole immigration process. But right now I am meeting with an dilemma about my marital status. And this really matters if I will get married right now with my girlfriend or wait until the whole immigration process is done. I really hope you can advise me about this.
Right now I am planning to get married, but I am quite concerned and worried wondering if a married person will have disadvantage over a single applicant. For instance, when BC government consider an application, it is easier for a single applicant to get approved compared to a married person. Is it this case.
morgos47 said:
I am married and we got AINP without any issues. Our single friends are still waiting (though they applied under a different stream so that might be the case). So my guess is it's fine, as long as your spouse is already in Canada, not somewhere else. In that case I have no idea.

yeliu

Oct 12, 2014
Thanks for your reply. This is a more detail explanation of my question.
I am an international master student at UBC nearing graduating soon next year. I plan to apply through the BC PNP program early next year when the system is open. Undoubtedly, I will need your help to through the whole immigration process. But right now I am meeting with an dilemma about my marital status. And this really matters if I will get married right now with my girlfriend or wait until the whole immigration process is done. I really hope you can advise me about this.
Right now I am planning to get married, but I am quite concerned and worried wondering if a married person will have disadvantage over a single applicant. For instance, when BC government consider an application, it is easier for a single applicant to get approved compared to a married person. Is it this case.
andy108 said:
No such laws exist, its not related.

yeliu

Oct 12, 2014
Confused again. Some members in this forum said that marriage will affect the immigration process.