+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Whether Married or not will influence the BCPNP process

yeliu

Oct 12, 2014
Hi Guys!
I am an international master student at UBC nearing graduating in civil engineering soon next year. I plan to apply through the BC PNP program early next year when the system is open. Undoubtedly, I will need your help to through the whole immigration process. But right now I am meeting with an dilemma about my marital status. And this really matters if I will get married right now with my girlfriend or wait until the whole immigration process is done. I really hope you can advise me about this.
Right now I am planning to get married, but I am quite concerned and worried wondering if a married person will have disadvantage over a single applicant. For instance, when BC government consider an application, it is easier for a single applicant to get approved compared to a married person. Is it this case.

Thanks! Happy holidays!

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Need your clarification and help

yeliu said:
Hi Guys!

I am just wondering if getting married will influence the PNP nomination process. Just to know if getting married will have some negative impacts on the PNP result compared to a single person.
Background: master from UBC will apply for PNP
Confused if I get married now, any bad impacts on my PNP application?

Thanks! Happy holidays!
Have you already submitted your application? Which province?

In case you get married during the process of PR, you will have to inform CIC or the province you have sent your documents to. It is important to inform these changes to CIC/province as and when they happen.

If you hide this information, it will definitely affect your case.

yeliu

Oct 12, 2014

Thanks for your reply. I haven't started the BC PNP yet, just planning to apply for it in 2016. But I am hesitant to get married or not before the application. Just want to know any difference for a married applicant and a single applicant in terms of easiness of PNP. Any bad impacts for a married person compare to a single applicant.

StAnger said:
Have you already submitted your application? Which province?

In case you get married during the process of PR, you will have to inform CIC or the province you have sent your documents to. It is important to inform these changes to CIC/province as and when they happen.

If you hide this information, it will definitely affect your case.

cjs

Nov 13, 2015

Not sure about it, but i think this should not affect you application.

yeliu

Oct 12, 2014

I am just very confused, thanks anyways!
cjs said:
Not sure about it, but i think this should not affect you application.

yeliu

Oct 12, 2014

I am an international master student at UBC nearing graduating soon next year. I plan to apply through the BC PNP program early next year when the system is open. Undoubtedly, I will need your help to through the whole immigration process. But right now I am meeting with an dilemma about my marital status. And this really matters if I will get married right now with my girlfriend or wait until the whole immigration process is done. I really hope you can advise me about this.
Right now I am planning to get married, but I am quite concerned and worried wondering if a married person will have disadvantage over a single applicant. For instance, when BC government consider an application, it is easier for a single applicant to get approved compared to a married person. Is it this case.

rcoder13

Mar 21, 2012
Ahmedabad
Visa Office......
NDVO

IMO, If you are getting married before submittion of PNP application, then it would affect your application.

yeliu

Oct 12, 2014

You mean it will influence the PNP result if I get married before I apply. So a single should be easier to get approved compared to the married?
rcoder13 said:
IMO, If you are getting married before submittion of PNP application, then it would affect your application.