+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Whether I am choosing the correct NOC code, and does Job title have any effect on rejection?

Prerit

Feb 27, 2022
I am working as a project coordinator for an engineering and procurement consultancy (non-IT firm). My core job responsibilities are managing medium and large scale turnkey projects, creating time lines for these projects, successful review and closure of all dependent activities by dealing with internal and external team, deploying resources for creating project status reports and summaries.
The next promotion step for me is to become a project manager.

I believe my job duties fall under NOC code 0211. But the title in NOC code is for Managers. I fear whether this turn into rejection due to my current title Can anyone please advise me about both the queries ie. On choosing the correct NOC, and whether the job title important if i device for 0211 noc code?
Seniors please advise.. Your inputs are highly appreciated!

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
I am working as a project coordinator for an engineering and procurement consultancy (non-IT firm). My core job responsibilities are managing medium and large scale turnkey projects, creating time lines for these projects, successful review and closure of all dependent activities by dealing with internal and external team, deploying resources for creating project status reports and summaries.

I believe my job duties fall under NOC code 0211. But the title in NOC code is for Managers. I fear whether this turn into rejection due to my current title Can anyone please advise me about both the queries ie. On choosing the correct NOC, and whether the job title important if i device for 0211 noc code?
Hi,

This is a most common thing, the cadidates are confused about !

While selecting a NOC code for your type of work experience, you're supposed to emphasis on the job duties instead of the job title. Particularly, titles are a variable factor between the organisations, but job duties may remain consistent. So, select the relevant NOC code for you after a thorough research. Hope this helps.

Prerit

Feb 27, 2022
Over the same, can you check 0211 and guide me about how much years of experience they are asking about.

Prerit

Feb 27, 2022

Request guidance from other people too.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Request guidance from other people too.
You match your job responsibilities to the NOC. NOCs that begin with 0 are for senior manager and/or executives. So you must show that you manage a team of people which is the first bullet in the NOC.

Prerit

Feb 27, 2022
You match your job responsibilities to the NOC. NOCs that begin with 0 are for senior manager and/or executives. So you must show that you manage a team of people which is the first bullet in the NOC.
With around 8 years of experience in the field of handling projects, do you think this NOC would be in line of my requirements?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
With around 8 years of experience in the field of handling projects, do you think this NOC would be in line of my requirements?
Number of years of experience is not relevant as you only need to show are year of continuous work experience. I don’t know your duties so you need to make sure that it matches the NOC. It is a senior management position, so as posted, you need to oversee a team of people.