+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where to Submit Passport - Visitor Visa Approved but Travelling Out of Country

Feb 19, 2018
Dear Friends,

I need some guidance please.

I have applied online for "Canada Visitor Visa" from India. After apply, I traveled to USA. Currently I am in USA.

Now, I received letter informing "decision has been made on application" and ask for Passport submission. As per instruction in letter, I need to submit passport to "Visa Application Center" in India because at the time of applying my residence address was in India.

Currently because I am in USA, I can not submit my Passport to "Visa Application Center" in India.

Applicants who applied from USA can submit their Passport through courier to "Visa Application Center"in USA OR "Case Processing Center" (CPC) in Ottawa-Canada.

1) Please guide, can I submit my Passport through courier to, "Visa Application Center"in USA OR "Case Processing Center" (CPC) in Ottawa-Canada ?

2) If someone face same situation, please share your experience.

I have written to Visa Office New Delhi asking if I can submit Passport to USA or Canada and they said take confirmation from "Canadian High Commission - Delhi". I have written to them also around 15 days before but not received any reply yet.

Thanks
My_Journey_Canada

Last edited:

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
I suggest to send to CPC Ottawa instead as the US VAC process is complicated.

Try contacting CPC Ottawa instead with your request and full application details if Delhi has not yet replied . They usually answer quickly.

Feb 19, 2018
I suggest to send to CPC Ottawa instead as the US VAC process is complicated.

Try contacting CPC Ottawa instead with your request and full application details if Delhi has not yet replied . They usually answer quickly.

Thanks for guidance. I have already written to CPC-Ottawa but they have also not replied yet. Just waiting for their reply.

gillA

Jan 10, 2017
Hi ...I am in the similar situation .. I applied for study permit in India and now I am in usa received ppr .. per instructions I can submit to India ... so would want to know if u got ur visa stamping from India in ur case and cud u guide me through