+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where to stay?

ShaunSpedding

Jun 21, 2009
Hey again!

If i visit Canada on a six month (roughly) visa, where is the best place to live?

Everywhere i have seen looks appealing (except the french speaking places, as i only know bonjour). It will be myself, partner and one year old daughter. We would just like to test the waters before deciding if we want to persue a life in canada and would like to know where people would say is best.

Thanks

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What are you looking for? There is no number one best place, because it depends on what you are after, though in ratings Vancouver always ranks as the best place to live in Canada. Remember that those rankings are very subjective.

For weather, Victoria is best, with Vancouver the best major city. For gov't work Ottawa is best. For size and business in general, Toronto. For oil, Alberta, with Calgary being the major city of the province.

That's some general information. If you give us some more information about what you are looking for we can give a more specific answer. :)

ShaunSpedding said:
Hey again!

If i visit Canada on a six month (roughly) visa, where is the best place to live?

Everywhere i have seen looks appealing (except the french speaking places, as i only know bonjour). It will be myself, partner and one year old daughter. We would just like to test the waters before deciding if we want to persue a life in canada and would like to know where people would say is best.

Thanks

ShaunSpedding

Jun 21, 2009
Hi thanks,

We are looking for somewhere quite quiet, not a busy city center. at the moment i work in Computer IT Technical Assistance but have worked as a manger (mcdonalds) for a few years also.

Basically just a fairly relaxing 6 month break to access the country and us and at the same time will have a little girl.

Thanks again

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Somewhere around Vancouver would probably be the best idea for a temporary stay that is more touristy in nature, as it's a very pleasant area, from what I understand. Victoria may also be good, since it has the best weather in Canada, though it might be a bit small for your liking. You can get to Vancouver from there in a couple of hours if you want to go into the big city, though.

Not sure what you intend to do in terms of a work permit, if you intend to work in Canada.

ei8ht

Star Member
Jan 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15 Aug 2009
Shaun, any & every place in canada is good for a quiet holidaying. For a chill out u might choose Calgary. Nice place and the rockies are a sight to believe.

ramanbeedh

Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2011
AOR Received.
04-03-2011
IELTS Request
submitted with app
File Transfer...
27-04-2011
Med's Request
28-09-2011
Med's Done....
8-11-2011
sory i want as Karlshammar
which province is for more job opportunites?

ramanbeedh

Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2011
AOR Received.
04-03-2011
IELTS Request
submitted with app
File Transfer...
27-04-2011
Med's Request
28-09-2011
Med's Done....
8-11-2011
Bookkeeper, payrol or for a accountant?

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Toronto is the financial capital of Canada, and if I'm not mistaken, the second biggest one in North America after New York City.

ramanbeedh said:
Bookkeeper, payrol or for a accountant?

ramanbeedh

Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2011
AOR Received.
04-03-2011
IELTS Request
submitted with app
File Transfer...
27-04-2011
Med's Request
28-09-2011
Med's Done....
8-11-2011
I want to ask another question.

What would be the total cost of living in canada for 1 year including college fee?

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Again, the difference is enormous between different locations. Canada is a huge country (the world's second largest, in fact) so needless to say different parts are quite different, in both financial and other ways. Your question is too general to answer. It's like asking for the total cost of living in Europe or Asia. The answer: it depends. :)

I believe the legal requirement is your total college costs plus $10,000 (I believe I have seen that in other posts here).

ramanbeedh said:
I want to ask another question.

What would be the total cost of living in canada for 1 year including college fee?