+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where to send the Restoration Letter

anna111

Star Member
May 1, 2012
Hi Everyone,

I applied for PR under CEC but got my refusal letter thru email last Friday (July 11, 2014) only. Reason for refusal is "there's no Work Experience Reference letter mentioning my duties, period of employment, number of hours, etc. I attached all the supporting documents in replaced of this Reference letter which are the T4, Employment Contract with the duties, period, number of hours, etc., Record of Employment from HRSDC, Job Offer, explanation letter, etc. and yet he/she was not satisfied. He/she only asked specifically for the Work Experience Reference letter which I think I provided her everything in different documents only but not in one paper/document.

I want to asked for reconsideration and write a Restoration letter to the Program Manager but I don't know to whom. Is it on the Program Manager of Canada Intake Unit or the Case Processing in Ottawa?

Please help me. Need this badly.

Anna 111

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
anna111 said:
Hi Everyone,

I applied for PR under CEC but got my refusal letter thru email last Friday (July 11, 2014) only. Reason for refusal is "there's no Work Experience Reference letter mentioning my duties, period of employment, number of hours, etc. I attached all the supporting documents in replaced of this Reference letter which are the T4, Employment Contract with the duties, period, number of hours, etc., Record of Employment from HRSDC, Job Offer, explanation letter, etc. and yet he/she was not satisfied. He/she only asked specifically for the Work Experience Reference letter which I think I provided her everything in different documents only but not in one paper/document.

I want to asked for reconsideration and write a Restoration letter to the Program Manager but I don't know to whom. Is it on the Program Manager of Canada Intake Unit or the Case Processing in Ottawa?

Anna 111
What was your timeline >?
can you please share

anna111

Star Member
May 1, 2012
CEC_1304 said:
What was your timeline >?
can you please share
Hi CEC,

What do you mean timeline? Share the content of the letter with the refusal notice and reason?

Anna111

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
anna111 said:
Hi CEC,

What do you mean timeline? Share the content of the letter with the refusal notice and reason?

Anna111
Nope, I requested you for dates of Application submitted, AOR, MR Etc .
if you are comfortable in sharing

maniac2403

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
Doc's Request.
29-05-2014
AOR Received.
27-12-2013
IELTS Request
Provided with application
File Transfer...
04-06-2014 (ECAS In Process)
Med's Request
10-06-2014
Med's Done....
11-06-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
20-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-2014 (Visa stamp) 9-07-2014 (Passport Received)
LANDED..........
10-07-2014
anna111 said:
Hi Everyone,

Anna 111
That's very unfortunate. They should have given you some time (approximately 60 days) to provide additional documents such as the reference letter they requested. From what I have seen, VO's generally give you the opportunity to provide some documents prior to refusing the application. Did your application provide you that time?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

maniac2403 said:
That's very unfortunate. They should have given you some time (approximately 60 days) to provide additional documents such as the reference letter they requested. From what I have seen, VO's generally give you the opportunity to provide some documents prior to refusing the application. Did your application provide you that time?
Nope, the Federal Court has ruled on a number of occasions, that if you submit an incomplete application, CIC doesn't have to request the missing documents, they can just refuse.

From the Federal Court

"The applicant submits that when an application is deficient, the visa officer has a duty to request supporting documentation or to grant an interview in order to substantiate the application. I do not agree. The onus is on the Applicant to file an application together with any relevant supporting documentation. There is no duty for the visa officer to try to bolster an incomplete application. Obviously, the visa officer may make inquiries, when warranted, but, where the applicant simply provides a job title and does not even care enough to provide any of the available supporting material, I find it offensive to suggest that the burden is shifted and that the visa officer should have done more than she did."

anna111

Star Member
May 1, 2012
CEC_1304 said:
Nope, I requested you for dates of Application submitted, AOR, MR Etc .
if you are comfortable in sharing
Hi CEC_1304

I received my AOR last October 2013.

Annna111

anna111

Star Member
May 1, 2012
maniac2403 said:
Hi maniac2403,

They were doing it but only when the application is still with the CIO. If the application was already transferred to CPC then that's the time that they will decide base on the Pass/Failure mark. When my application was still with CIO they requested for the real birth certificate of my husband.

Anna111

anna111

Star Member
May 1, 2012
PMM said:
Hi

Nope, the Federal Court has ruled on a number of occasions, that if you submit an incomplete application, CIC doesn't have to request the missing documents, they can just refuse.

From the Federal Court

"The applicant submits that when an application is deficient, the visa officer has a duty to request supporting documentation or to grant an interview in order to substantiate the application. I do not agree. The onus is on the Applicant to file an application together with any relevant supporting documentation. There is no duty for the visa officer to try to bolster an incomplete application. Obviously, the visa officer may make inquiries, when warranted, but, where the applicant simply provides a job title and does not even care enough to provide any of the available supporting material, I find it offensive to suggest that the burden is shifted and that the visa officer should have done more than she did."

Hi PMM,

I submitted all the necessary supporting documents except for the reference letter though in replaced of this I have my Records of Employment, T4, Employment Contract and Job Offer which states the things necessary in the Reference Letter. In the Checklist – #10 under Work Experience it states, “OR” “a sufficient combination of supporting documentation, which include copies of a record or letter of employment from the employer in Canada, work contracts and paystubs for the period(s) of work experience you identify in your application.”

You must provide proof of qualifying work experience, including:
• a copy of your most recent authorization to work in Canada (i.e. work permit or visitor record)
• employer reference letters for all periods of qualifying work experience you identify in your application
• copies of your T4 tax information slips and your Notice of Assessment (NOA) issued by the Canada Revenue Agency for the period(s) of work experience you identify in your application (CIC preferred)
OR
• a sufficient combination of supporting documentation, which include copies of a record or letter of employment from the employer in Canada, work contracts and paystubs for the period(s) of work experience you identify in your application

I believe that I managed to provide “Proof of Work Experience” through different sufficient Supporting Documents and not by one document (Reference Letter) only.

Anyway, it has been done. I just need for a restoration or to send a reconsideration letter but I don't know to whom and to where. So please help me to those who knows. I am in Canada.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

anna111 said:
Hi PMM,

I submitted all the necessary supporting documents except for the reference letter though in replaced of this I have my Records of Employment, T4, Employment Contract and Job Offer which states the things necessary in the Reference Letter. In the Checklist – #10 under Work Experience it states, “OR” “a sufficient combination of supporting documentation, which include copies of a record or letter of employment from the employer in Canada, work contracts and paystubs for the period(s) of work experience you identify in your application.”

You must provide proof of qualifying work experience, including:
• a copy of your most recent authorization to work in Canada (i.e. work permit or visitor record)
• employer reference letters for all periods of qualifying work experience you identify in your application
• copies of your T4 tax information slips and your Notice of Assessment (NOA) issued by the Canada Revenue Agency for the period(s) of work experience you identify in your application (CIC preferred)
OR
• a sufficient combination of supporting documentation, which include copies of a record or letter of employment from the employer in Canada, work contracts and paystubs for the period(s) of work experience you identify in your application

I believe that I managed to provide “Proof of Work Experience” through different sufficient Supporting Documents and not by one document (Reference Letter) only.

Anyway, it has been done. I just need for a restoration or to send a reconsideration letter but I don't know to whom and to where. So please help me to those who knows. I am in Canada.
1. It would appear that the IO didn't consider your supporting documentation sufficient to overcome the missing experience letter.
2. You would have to apply for reconsideration, not restoration. The letter you received should have the office, which is probably CPC - Ottawa, as that is where CEC are processed so that is where you would send your request for re-consideration.

anna111

Star Member
May 1, 2012
PMM said:
Hi PMM,

Thank you so much. It is a big help for me to know where to send.

Appreciate it a lot.

Anna111

HI

1. It would appear that the IO didn't consider your supporting documentation sufficient to overcome the missing experience letter.
2. You would have to apply for reconsideration, not restoration. The letter you received should have the office, which is probably CPC - Ottawa, as that is where CEC are processed so that is where you would send your request for re-consideration.