+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where is CEC application processing faster ? Buffalo or New Delhi ?

tk_singh

May 29, 2011
Hi All,
I belong to India and will be going back to India soon.
Where is the processing faster for CEC apps here in Buffalo or in India ?

As i have the option of applying from buffalo as Iam residing here for newt couple of months and can apply for 2 months from india wanted to have an idea before I apply my apps.

Thanks,
Sk

tk_singh

May 29, 2011
Hi Abhi,
Thanks for the reply.
So does it mean it is faster to apply in Buffalo rather than India ?

Also in case they ask for interview - Can i attend it in India if I apply in Buffalo ?

thanks,
Sk

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

tk_singh said:
Hi Abhi,
Thanks for the reply.
So does it mean it is faster to apply in Buffalo rather than India ?

Also in case they ask for interview - Can i attend it in India if I apply in Buffalo ?

thanks,
Sk
No, it means that Buffalo is the only office that processes CEC applications.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
If you apply before you return to India, you must submit the application to Buffalo. If you apply AFTER you return to India, you will submit the application to ND, but they will forward the application to Buffalo.

If you are called for an interview, it will be in Buffalo or one of the other visa offices in the USA.

It IS possible that if you wait and submit to ND, you might shave a month or two off the time until you receive your AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt). But since you lose time by waiting until you return, it's a wash.

Just submit your application to Buffalo as soon as you qualify. Ensure your email address is correct, and one that you will keep when you return to India. And remember to submit a change of address to Buffalo if/when you move.