+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

where do i start

westy888

Jan 8, 2011
i meet my now girlfriend on facebook playing a game about 7 months ago she lives in canada and i in uk
over this time we talked more and got close and now love each other i visited her this xmas for 12 days and we got on great
we now know that we love each other and want to be together but dont know what to do next as i want to move to canada to be with her
the thing is that when i came to visit i only just got in past immigrations and he gave me a piece of paper that allowed me to stay for them 12 days and i had to hand it in before i left he said it would go for me if i did and i did before i left to fly back home
so if i went to visit her again would they give me a piece of paper again saying i can stay for that time again or the 6 months or just a different amount of time all together as i have visited her before will it go for me as i dont want to book a flight and not get in this time

a few questions there can anybody help me please

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Unfortunately no one here can predict what will happen if you try to visit again.

You might be allowed to visit for the full six month or your visit might be shorted just as it was last time. You could also be denied entry all together.

Since you ran into significant problems last time, the chance are certainly higher that you will have problems again.

westy888

Jan 8, 2011
is there a way to find out theses things before i visit as in speak to anyone write to find out if i will or they need anything from me

westy888

Jan 8, 2011
but what i want to know is what should i do first to find out what i need to do so i can move to canada

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
There's no way to find out what will happen if you try to visit again. Whether you are allowed into the country or not and how long you are allowed to stay is entirely up to the border official you speak with when you arrive.

If you want to move to Canada permanently, then this process is completely different from visiting and involved a great deal more paperwork.

There are a number of ways you can move to Canada permanently. They are listed here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp

It would likely be the fastest/easiest if your girlfriend sponsored you. However in order for that to happen - you either have to be married or be common law (i.e. have lived together for a minimum of one full year).

For more information on the process your girlfriend would have to use to sponsor you, start reading here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse.asp

westy888

Jan 8, 2011
thank you

if you stay for 6 months then get a extention for another thats 12 months so when can she apply for the sponsor and can you get another 6 months that is what iam puzzled by as not sure how it works