+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where can I get Financial Receipts (IM5401)

JosephAsk

Jan 12, 2016
Hello Guys,

My current PGWP expires in the next 15day (February 18th). My employer has written me and asked me to provide copy of my application , financial receipts (IM5401) and any letter official document issued to me by CIC in order to continue my employment.

I have just submitted my PR application, and also applied for a BOWP. I have checked my inbox but did not see any financial receipt IM5401.

I got an email from CIC just now saying my account has been updated, when I checked my CIC account, I saw nothing ??? and the application for the BOWP that appeared on my list of application initially has suddenly disappeared. :eek:

Dobas

Nov 13, 2015
Hi,
1. Log in to your MyCIC account,
2. Click on "check status and messages" in any of your work permit or Permanent Residence application
3. Click on "Confirmation of Online transmission" on any of the applications ( WP or PR application)
4 Ypu will fin a drop down menu with your receipt number starting with an alphabet and nine numbers.
5. Click on that registration numnber and any of your receipts will automatically download
6. You can then print or show your boss a downloaded copy.
Hope this helps.

JosephAsk

Jan 12, 2016
Dobas said:
Hi,
1. Log in to your MyCIC account,
2. Click on "check status and messages" in any of your work permit or Permanent Residence application
3. Click on "Confirmation of Online transmission" on any of the applications ( WP or PR application)
4 Ypu will fin a drop down menu with your receipt number starting with an alphabet and nine numbers.
5. Click on that registration numnber and any of your receipts will automatically download
6. You can then print or show your boss a downloaded copy.
Hope this helps.

I took a screen shot of the confirmation of online transaction which has my receipt number (starting with an alphabet and nine numbers). But when I checked my MyCIC account again, the application had disappeared. I called CIC this morning and the female representative said BOWP cannot be done online, only by mail.

Please how true is this because I did not read anywhere on CIC website that states that. Can someone kindly help me confirm this?