+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When will I be eligible to apply for Citizenship?

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Basically they want the people to stay in Canada, after they've submitted the application until the oath.

So in that way the residency will be a two stages game... residency obligation before the people apply and the time it takes until the oath.

brbr

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MUFC said:
Basically they want the people to stay in Canada, after they've submitted the application until the oath.

So in that way the residency will be a two stages game... residency obligation before the people apply and the time it takes until the oath.
Which is kinda silly actually. For example I've been in Canada for 9 years between doing my undergrad, working, getting my PR and applying for citizenship. After I applied for citizenship I went back home for 2.5 months because I ended up quitting work and enrolling in an MBA program, and I pretty much never EVER get 2.5 months to relax, so I decided to treat myself and enjoy the summer before B-school starts. How is that rationale for example detrimental or dis-crediting of my long-term plans to stay and live in Canada post-MBA, paying 40-50% of my Mega-Bucks-Ahead (MBA) to the government and getting married and raising a family here. I just find these arbitrary rules weird because as a legitimate person who would love to live forever in this country they are almost sadistically hilarious in their prevention measures lol

fadu4u

Jun 19, 2014
exactly, I might do the same.
so after the law has been passed, I would have to file a tax return they will quickly know, Do I have a property? m I working? paying taxes? if all these 3 are not satisfied they might question me what is my plan in Canada during these 4 years, ofcourse as a student I would be renting, unemployed or part time working, let's see how they deal with it next year.