+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHEN to Apply for SuperVisa After Landing in Canada - URGENT

Elena.pm

Jun 23, 2015
Hi Everyone,

I have a question which I can not find any answer to it in the Canadian Immigration Website in regard to SuperVisa.

I have received my Canadian Permanent Residency recently and will be moving to Canada with a Job in March. I have good knowledge of the SuperVisa Requirements and everything is OK. But 1 question is there which is not clear.

The question is:

From the time I land in Canada and start Working in Canada, WHEN (e.g. after 3 months, 6 months or etc.) will be able to apply for my parent's SuperVisa?

For Parent's Sponsorship Visa is required to work for 3 years. But for SuperVisa The Immigration Website does not say anything at all.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks in Advance
Elena

Last edited:

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Hi Everyone,

I have a question which I can not find any answer to it in the Canadian Immigration Website in regard to SuperVisa.

I have received my Canadian Permanent Residency recently and will be moving to Canada with a Job in March. I have good knowledge of the SuperVisa Requirements and everything is OK. But 1 question is there which is not clear.

The question is:

From the time I land in Canada and start Working in Canada, WHEN (e.g. after 3 months, 6 months or etc.) will be able to apply for my parent's SuperVisa?

For Parent's Sponsorship Visa is required to work for 3 years. But for SuperVisa The Immigration Website does not say anything at all.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks in Advance
Elena
There is no minimum time required. As soon as you are working and have the employment letter or pay stubs showing your income qualifies, you can apply.

Reactions: Elena.pm

Elena.pm

Jun 23, 2015
There is no minimum time required. As soon as you are working and have the employment letter or pay stubs showing your income qualifies, you can apply.
Hi Rob,

Thanks for your reply.

I had the same impression as well. The reason is that for Parent Sponsorship, The Immigration Website clearly mentions that there is a 3 years employment as well as Tax background required but for the SuperVisa is about one of the many options highlighted.

May I ask you another question if you don't mind !?

Regards
Elena

Last edited:

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Hi Rob,

Thanks for your reply.

I had the same impression as well. The reason is that for Parent Sponsorship, The Immigration Website clearly mentions that there is a 3 years employment as well as Tax background required but for the SuperVisa is about one of the many options highlighted.

May I ask you another question if you don't mind !?

Best Regards
Elena
Sponsoring parents for PR, has absolutely nothing to do with them applying for a supervisa. The 2 programs are not related and each have their own ways to qualify.

Reactions: Elena.pm

Elena.pm

Jun 23, 2015
Sponsoring parents for PR, has absolutely nothing to do with them applying for a supervisa. The 2 programs are not related and each have their own ways to qualify.
Hi Rob,

Yes. It is understandable and logical.

I doubted this because I noticed there were 2 people who mentioned although the website has not mentioned that you need as many documents possible, but its better to include all documents to be sure to get the SuperVisa as one of them wasn't successful in obtaining the SueprVisa.

Rob, can you also help me with my other question which is:

Is it possible to Sponsor Parents (in 3 years after landing in Canada, working full-time, paying taxes and fullfilling all requirments) to obtain their Permanent Residency (although they have SuperVisa at the time of lodging SponserShip Visa)?
Thanks in Advance
Elena

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Hi Rob,

Yes. It is understandable and logical.

I doubted this because I noticed there were 2 people who mentioned although the website has not mentioned that you need as many documents possible, but its better to include all documents to be sure to get the SuperVisa as one of them wasn't successful in obtaining the SueprVisa.

Rob, can you also help me with my other question which is:

Is it possible to Sponsor Parents (in 3 years after landing in Canada, working full-time, paying taxes and fullfilling all requirments) to obtain their Permanent Residency (although they have SuperVisa at the time of lodging SponserShip Visa)?
Thanks in Advance
Elena
When you qualify for parents sponsorship with 3 years tax returns meeting LICO, then you can enter the lottery. Them having a super visa or not is completely irrelevant to parents sponsorship.

Elena.pm

Jun 23, 2015
When you qualify for parents sponsorship with 3 years tax returns meeting LICO, then you can enter the lottery. Them having a super visa or not is completely irrelevant to parents sponsorship.
Thanks Rob for your prompt reply.

Truly appreciate it.

dhilip

Mar 26, 2017
Category........
FSW
I'm in the same situation as Elena. I meet the minimum income, had been working for two monhts now, i can get the offer letter, letter from the employer and paystubs apart from bank statement. I could also get a medical isurance for an year for them.

but the question is i'm still yet to recive my PR card, im on my COPR. could i apply super visa while i have my COPR and later send them PR card once i get it? (should arrive in couple of weeks max)

They are leaving to USA in a 8 to 10 weeks and i would like to apply get the super visa before they leave my home country.

Regards,
Dhilip

BTW: @Elena did you get super visa for your parent sucesfully? Could you share your expeirnace please?

Sun14

Feb 14, 2019
Hi everyone, Hi Rob,

I wanted to ask one question. I have landed here in July 2018 and have PR visa. I got a job after 5 months i.e. in December 2018 and meet the minimum income AS PER MY CURRENT INCOME since December 2018. I have my employment letter and paystubs confirming the same. I could also get a medical insurance for a year for them but since i have worked for just one month this last year in Canada, can I still apply for a supervisa for my parents or does LICO consider income for the last year from 01 Jan 2018 to 31 Dec 2018 (for which I got paid for just one month) and not consider the current drawing income.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sun

aman gill

Star Member
Nov 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 6 2013
AOR Received.
May 14 2013
Med's Done....
May 2 2013
Passport Req..
Aip - 28 jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Dm- 25march 2014
LANDED..........
23 April 2014
Hi everyone, Hi Rob,

I wanted to ask one question. I have landed here in July 2018 and have PR visa. I got a job after 5 months i.e. in December 2018 and meet the minimum income AS PER MY CURRENT INCOME since December 2018. I have my employment letter and paystubs confirming the same. I could also get a medical insurance for a year for them but since i have worked for just one month this last year in Canada, can I still apply for a supervisa for my parents or does LICO consider income for the last year from 01 Jan 2018 to 31 Dec 2018 (for which I got paid for just one month) and not consider the current drawing income.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sun
Hi sun 14
I have a little confusion so you worked here in canada for a month in last year 2018 and you already meet lico thts pritty strange do u make like 40 grand a month ???

Sun14

Feb 14, 2019
Hi Aman,

No, of course not. My annual income would match the LICO as stated in the employment letter but if they are just considering earned income for the 21 days worked in Dec, then obviously I don't qualify to apply for the supervisa.

That's exactly my question; do they see the employment letter to know what the person's ANNUAL income is currently or do they require the person to have earned the income in the entire last year then that means a new immigrant cannot apply for a supervisa in their first year of landing considering one gets a job after 2 to 6 months of arrival at an average.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Aman,

No, of course not. My annual income would match the LICO as stated in the employment letter but if they are just considering earned income for the 21 days worked in Dec, then obviously I don't qualify to apply for the supervisa.

That's exactly my question; do they see the employment letter to know what the person's ANNUAL income is currently or do they require the person to have earned the income in the entire last year then that means a new immigrant cannot apply for a supervisa in their first year of landing considering one gets a job after 2 to 6 months of arrival at an average.
People are not meant to apply for supervisas soon after arriving in Canada because Canada wants to make sure people realize that a supervisa is a visitor visa and that your parents are not moving with you to Canada. After working for 6 months would be the earliest I would apply but that would also depend on how good an income you are making.

Abdullah89

Jan 15, 2022
I am working from November 2021 and my wife is a cosponsor she started her work in August 2021 I am on PR and came in April 2021 we both meet more than lico if we calculate our salaries for 12months can we apply now?