+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When do I withdraw paper based(PNP) application while got passport request on EE-CEC account?

SMTTRN2015

Dec 5, 2018
Hello,

Thank you all for helping my PR application. I have got passport request email on my EE-CEC account.

I applied paper based PR application-through PNP while my EE-CEC is in active. CIC received my paper application two weeks ago and created application number. Now, CIC emailed me to send passport to Ottawa while they didn't update my MYCIC account on my EE-CEC application. It is still showing in process.

So, In this case, do I have to withdraw my paper based PR-PNP application before sending passport to Ottawa or Should I withdraw after getting passport and landing documents?

I am looking forward for your reply.

Thanks

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
You can withdraw it now, better if you didn't get AOR on your paper application yet.

Buuuuut you can also wait until getting your passport and COPR until you withdraw.

The first option, you don't waste any more of the IRCC officers' time, the second option, you're protecting your own self-interest...nothing wrong with this, I won't judge you.

It's really up to you.

Reactions: SMTTRN2015

SMTTRN2015

Dec 5, 2018
Hi,

Thank you so much for reply and options. I was really worried about it.

Just two weeks ago,I got the AOR from my paper application. I think I will go for the second option since it does not have any problem. I will wait for the passport and final approval. Then, I will withdraw the paper application.

SMTTRN2015

Dec 5, 2018
You can withdraw it now, better if you didn't get AOR on your paper application yet.

Buuuuut you can also wait until getting your passport and COPR until you withdraw.

The first option, you don't waste any more of the IRCC officers' time, the second option, you're protecting your own self-interest...nothing wrong with this, I won't judge you.

It's really up to you.

Hi,

Hope you are doing good.

After sending passport to CPC-Ottawa, they have approved my EE-CEC application in my online account.

When should I submit the Case Specific Enquiry for withdrawing my paper-based (PNP) application before or after landing? If I need to submit CSE for withdrawing my paper-based (PNP) application before landing, then do I have to wait for the confirmation of withdrawal application before landing?

Thanks

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hi,

Hope you are doing good.

After sending passport to CPC-Ottawa, they have approved my EE-CEC application in my online account.

When should I submit the Case Specific Enquiry for withdrawing my paper-based (PNP) application before or after landing? If I need to submit CSE for withdrawing my paper-based (PNP) application before landing, then do I have to wait for the confirmation of withdrawal application before landing?

Thanks
Withdraw it now. You're in the clear at this point.

Land whenever you want.

Reactions: SMTTRN2015

SMTTRN2015

Dec 5, 2018
They'll likely figure it out eventually. But it's best for the applicant to take the initiative to inform IRCC.
Hi,
Thank you. I agree with you.

Do I have to wait for the confirmation of withdrawal before landing? I am concern because getting withdrawal decision might takes few weeks.

Please give me your suggestions.

Thanks.