+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When did you pay for PR? & visa extension request

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Background story.

My first visa extension was granted so that my Canadian wife and I could get married.
After our wedding I left Canada before the extension ended (exactly as I explained in my first visa extension request).
I had work commitments in Europe.

After two months I returned to Canada to be with my wife and I now need to apply for a second visa extension.
The reason we will give is "to stay with my wife until PR is granted". I am lucky enough to be able to work remotely over the Internet, to my office in the UK.
I believe it is better to give CIC proof rather than just stating "we will apply for my PR".
The best proof I can imagine would be paying the PR fees and including the receipt for the PR application with the request to extend my visa.

The visa extension forms will be sent in 30 days before my current stay expires (I am from a visa exempt country - UK).
My Canadian wife and I will be submitting the paperwork for my PR application at the end of December 2010. But the visa extension must be sent within the next few weeks.
So the timing does not work that well, there would be about 6-8 weeks between needing to submit my visa extension and sending of the PR paperwork.

I assume that I can pay the full $1040 (for the outland PR application) and get a receipt that I can include with my visa extension.

My questions are:

Is there a maximum time limit between making the payment for PR and submitting all the paperwork?

How long was it between making your payment and submitting the PR paperwork?

If you asked for a visa extension to stay in Canada to wait for PR with your partner, what was the result?

Thanks.

matthewc

Jan 18, 2010
Grimsby, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland (CPC-Vegreville)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Everything you've said is reasonable, and the extension is likely to be approved. Include a copy of the marriage certificate as well as the fees receipt for the PR application. Don't forget to include another separate fees receipt to pay for the extension ($75). There's no time limit between when you pay the fees and when you send in the application.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
"Include a copy of the marriage certificate"
A good idea, more proof.

Thanks for the fast reply.

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
...and a COPY of the PR fee receipt. You will need one to include in your PR app too, though I think there is a way to print another if you paid online.

gillespiedc

Star Member
May 22, 2010
Zhuhai, China
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
If you pay online for the fee it is quick and simple to just print a copy. Just before I paid online I was in the bank anyway so inquired about paying CIC fees and getting a receipt from them... the teller had no idea and asked a manager who came over and still had no clue. I just told them don't worry about it and got on the Internet. Gotta love technology!

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I will use online payment for my PR application and the visa extension. I did that on my previous visa extension request, it is easy.

Multiple copies of the receipt are no problem, I use an Apple Mac - I "print" the receipt to a PDF file and then print as many paper copies as I need.

gillespiedc

Star Member
May 22, 2010
Zhuhai, China
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
That's the way to do it... I print all important stuff to PDF as well. For those non-Mac users, you can Google "Primo PDF" and get a free PDF creator. It works great!

Baloo said:
I will use online payment for my PR application and the visa extension. I did that on my previous visa extension request, it is easy.

Multiple copies of the receipt are no problem, I use an Apple Mac - I "print" the receipt to a PDF file and then print as many paper copies as I need.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Final check before sending my second visa extension request.

I have a few questions:

At the time of my first extension request I was not married, now I am.
I assume that I do not add my Canadian wife's details in section B family members because she is a Canadian Citizen - am I correct on this?

My reason to stay is that I want to remain with my wife until my PR is approved, my concern is that as a "visitor" I need to show that I will end my visit.
I have always obeyed the time limits set by immigration.

I have proof for all the financials, support, place to live, receipts for PR and visa extension, copy of medical section A.
My concern is that this time I do not have a return flight booked.

What should I add to support the fact I will leave if rejected?

What did you do?

kelKel

Champion Member
Apr 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2010
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
File Transfer...
04-11-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
03-03-2011
I wouldn't even worry about having a return flight booked. You've shown them financials which would prove in the case of refusal you would have the means in which to leave. There are many people on this forum that have stayed in Canada with many visa extensions and never have provided any proof of return flight. My boyfriend never did and extension granted no problem!

leslie08

Dec 9, 2010
hi baloo

were you able to get visa extension?

hi all,

i am a PR in canada and sponsoring my husband. recently the local processing centre asked him to submit his passport to them in 30 days. can he come visit here as a tourist (he has a tourist visa) and then submit his passport from here? what if his tourist visa expires and his passport is not yet returned by the processing centre, what happens then, how will he apply for a visa extension?

heatherusa

Mar 23, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-04-2010
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
Baloo said:
I should find out sometime in March 2011.
How is your application coming along? Are you almost ready to submit and which way are you going, inland or ouland?

I never realized that you hadnt sent in yet!