+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What's wrong with IRCC (Visitor visa June 2024)

SNP0201

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
I submitted my parents' visitor visa application on June 03, my father being the primary applicant.

My father received his BIL in a few hours, which he submitted on June 10, through VFS global. The same has not been updated on his application (not even under the Application Instructions section).

My mother didn't even get her UCI. No BIL as well.

Is someone facing the same here?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I submitted my parents' visitor visa application on June 03, my father being the primary applicant.

My father received his BIL in a few hours, which he submitted on June 10, through VFS global. The same has not been updated on his application (not even under the Application Instructions section).

My mother didn't even get her UCI. No BIL as well.

Is someone facing the same here?
This question is asked more than once a day. It is common and your mother should get one within the next few weeks.

SNP0201

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
This question is asked more than once a day. It is common and your mother should get one within the next few weeks.
Not worried about my mother's application, but a bit worried about my father's application, as after 3 days of submission of his biometric, my father's application still says "your action is required" and the Biometric section under "Applicant Information" is still blank. Usually, IRCC updates it in a few hours or a day or two.

SNP0201

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
Not worried about my mother's application, but a bit worried about my father's application, as after 3 days of submission of his biometric, my father's application still says "your action is required" and the Biometric section under "Applicant Information" is still blank. Usually, IRCC updates it in a few hours or a day or two.
As per my previous experiences with IRCC, I think it's unusual.

SNP0201

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
Update:

Received BIL for my mother.

Father's application is still the same. Raised 2 webforms including biometric acknowledgment receipt, no reply from the visa office. It's been 11 days since he gave his biometric, and still it's not showing up on his application. (Not even under "Applicant Information")

mahsakh

May 10, 2024
Update:

Father's application is still the same. Raised 2 webforms including biometric acknowledgment receipt, no reply from the visa office. It's been 11 days since he gave his biometric, and still it's not showing up on his application. (Not even under "Applicant Information")
Did you get an email from VFS that IRCC has received his biometric? If yes, don't worry. My parents and sister's biometric was action required until they received the Passport request. One day after their visa approval, the biometric changed to completed.

You can also check their application and see if it has been updated with the biometric number and expiry date? If yes, all good.

SNP0201

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
Did you get an email from VFS that IRCC has received his biometric? If yes, don't worry. My parents and sister's biometric was action required until they received the Passport request. One day after their visa approval, the biometric changed to completed.

You can also check their application and see if it has been updated with the biometric number and expiry date? If yes, all good.
I got an email from VFS including an acknowledgment receipt right after my father submitted the biometric saying that it had been received at the VAC.

The "Biometric" section under "Applicant Information" (in GCKEY) is still blank. It's been 11 days. That's the only reason I am worried.

Sky_qian

Jun 21, 2024
Update:

Your mother get the BIL 10 days after your father, that means I need to wait about 10 days to get the BIL