+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What's the Processing Time for Reconsidered PR application?

anna111

Star Member
May 1, 2012
Hi to All,

I sent a letter to reconsider my application under CEC a few days after my consultant emailed me the refusal from Ottawa office. After 3 days they replied through email that they received it and that same office will initiate the reconsideration in the weeks ahead and that I will received correspondence from their office when a decision has been made. This email was August 1.

So from this reply that they will initiate or review, how many more weeks or months do I need to wait as it's past 3 months now?

Also, I already cut the services of my consultant and I myself took charge of my application process by submitting a form together with my reconsideration letter that's why I received this email from them else it will go directly to my ex immigration consultant.

I need your information and experience into this same matter...please.

Anna111

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
Best bet is to follow up with your local MP! They'll get back to you in couple of days.

Best of luck,

anna111

Star Member
May 1, 2012
rezafc said:
Best bet is to follow up with your local MP! They'll get back to you in couple of days.

Best of luck,
Hi. Sorry but what's the meaning of MP? Local MP?

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
MP stands for Member of Parliament. Just google your area name + member of parliament, a website for your local MP will show up. Contact his/her office and arrange a meeting. Either explain your situation on the phone or go there with all of your documents. They will ask for your client ID or AOR and will contact CIC regarding the issue. They have their own contacts in CIC. They will get back to you fairly quickly.

Best of luck,