+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What's the process.

patrickmary

Apr 23, 2024
Hey everyone, I applied For the home support worker pilot program under gaining experience and the application was submitted on January 2024. The application was for both work permit and PR, up to this moment I haven't received AOR or heard anything yet about the application. Please can someone with the same experience share opinions thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hey everyone, I applied For the home support worker pilot program under gaining experience and the application was submitted on January 2024. The application was for both work permit and PR, up to this moment I haven't received AOR or heard anything yet about the application. Please can someone with the same experience share opinions thanks
Did you apply online or paper? Processing is about 32 months for a work permit so don’t expect any updates. You should have AOR but the summer.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I'm already working in the Toronto District School Board and I just got a full time in the board last but I got the job with a Co-op work permit which expires last month. While still waiting for AOR and work permit, can I still be working on a maintained status
No. This is not a program that allows a bridging open work permit. You get a work permit and can start working when approved. When does your current work permit expire? Type of work permit?

What job do you have as a caregiver?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
The work permit I had was a Co-op work permit and it expired March 30 2024
So you stopped working then if the permit expired. A co-op work permit is tied to your study permit and is necessary for you to complete your program. Are you still a student? If not a student, then why not apply for PGWP?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So what can I do as I have 3 full time jobs, 1 in the TDSB and None governmental organization and the last my employer for the Home support worker pilot
So you were not eligible for a PGWP? If not eligible, you are now working illegally as permits expired. Your co-op permit only allows you to work for an employer that is tied to your program’s completion. It doesn’t allow you to work for others. You MUST stop working as you are illegal and no longer have status in Canada. So you have a job offer as a caregiver in their home for the HSWP program? Do you have any experience in that NOC and as a student.

You may need an immigration lawyer because your permits are expired and you need to stop working. You cannot work anymore. Procesing for HSWP is 32 months so you cannot work until work permit is approved.

Last edited:

ViceVersa

Feb 5, 2024
I know the waiting must be really stressful, especially since your other permits expired. It's definitely not an ideal position to be in. A few things - first, don't panic. Though it's not ideal, many have been in similar situations before and found solutions.

patrickmary

Apr 23, 2024
I know the waiting must be really stressful, especially since your other permits expired. It's definitely not an ideal position to be in. A few things - first, don't panic. Though it's not ideal, many have been in similar situations before and found solutions.
Thanks for your reply, I need solutions as well please is there any help I can get

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for your reply, I need solutions as well please is there any help I can get
You are working illegally as your work and study permit expired on March 31. You must stop working. If you will not stop working then get an immigration lawyer. The Home Worker Support Pilot will not be processed for 3 years so you cannot work illegally until then.

When did you graduate? Why cannot you apply for PGWP?

1234@yug

Jul 7, 2023
We applied in Aug 2022 Homr support Worker
Document requested since Jan 2024
- employers letter
- experience letter
-PCC
Now medical in April ( submitted )

How long to get passport request now?