+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What Worked for Me To Get More Job Interviews

ben1090

Aug 17, 2024
Hi everyone,

I want to share something that helped me get job interviews. Maybe it can help you too.

I've been in Canada for about 5 years now, working in IT. Last summer, My company had no more new projects so I lost my job. I started looking for a new one, but it was hard, the worst year yet. I applied to over 300 jobs. I sent out many resumes but got very little replies. It was frustrating because it wasn’t like this a few years back.

At that time I was trying everything I could. I came across a few tips that made all the difference. Here's what I did:

1. I made sure my resume worked with ATS (the computer system that reads resumes). I used The Yale Resume Template, it’s simple but it is structured to pass through ATS.
  2. I used keywords from the job post in my resume.
  3. I changed my job titles and work duties to match what the job wanted.
After I did this, I got a lot more interviews. And i Landed a job shortly after.

I think it worked because my resume matched what the companies were looking for. They will not go through the 100s of resumes they receive. The ATS would filter most of them by keywords. It took more time to apply for jobs this way, but it helped me get noticed.

We're working on a tool that adapts your resume to specific job descriptions. We'd love your feedback. If you're interested, you can join our free closed Beta at primecv.ai

Best of luck to everybody

ben1090

Aug 17, 2024
Hi, thanks for the feedback.

You can sign up on the PrimeCV.ai sign-up page, and I'll email you access soon after.

Thanks