+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what will happen to my FSW Application if i leave to India while

varmaforu

Jan 27, 2010
Hi All, I am new to this forum..please help me with this question...I am looking forward to file the application for FSW category for PR in Canada. What will happen to my application, if i leave to india while it is in processing ...will it be still processed or will they transfer my application to Canadian Consulate in Delhi for further processing? Please reply this question so that i can decide, whether to launch this application from US or India.

Thanks,
Vasu

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am providing you some Information below. Timelines here are based on my reads on forum and may differ in your case

Your Initial Application will go to Canada and from there it gets transferred to your visa office. If everything goes well you can expect reply in 60-75 days from Canada.

If they approve it goes to Visa office (that you mention in Initial e-mail). You have to apply all docs to that Visa office. Now it takes about 6 months ( In New Delhi and more than 12 months in US) for you to get a Medical request and Interview Request (Interview can be waived off)

After that you need to submit passports. You can not submit passports in India while you are in US. You may have to request change of Visa office at that Time.

I hope above information helps you to make a call to choose your Visa office

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
Change of visa office is hard nowadays (from what i read on this forum). Moving countries is not a sufficient reason for change of office.
If you apply with Buffalo as your visa office, then move to India, you would have to get your passport to Buffalo for visa stamping. Remember, Indian citizens are not allowed to send passport across borders.

If you apply to New Delhi and don't end up moving to India, it will be the cost of the flight to go get your visa stamped.

You can always send your passport with someone I think. But someone else should answer on that part.

OrangeC

Star Member
Jan 25, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->NewYork
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2009
Doc's Request.
30-09-2009
AOR Received.
05-01-2010
File Transfer...
11-05-2010
Med's Request
17-06-2010
Med's Done....
08-07-2010
Passport Req..
21-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2010
LANDED..........
01-11-2010
Rupesh,

Isn't it also a challenge that he will not be able to do medicals in the US if he moves to India? If it's only a question of sending across passports with a friend, it might be do-able. But if he needs to physically be present in the US to do his medicals, it is probably doubtful that he will be able to enter the US for that (enter with what visa?).. In my opinion, that would be a deal- breaker and should be a more important consideration than the passport issue..

Pls comment and correct me if I am mistaken...

Cheers,
A

sk.aggarwal

Star Member
Aug 26, 2009
US
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 30, 2009
Doc's Request.
October 26, 2009
Nomination.....
-
IELTS Request
October 26, 2009
File Transfer...
October 26, 2009
Med's Request
Feb 2, 2010
Med's Done....
March 1, 2010
Interview........
not done yet
Passport Req..
Feb 2, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
April 03, 2010
LANDED..........
Lets see
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp

says that we can choose a DMP from the list ..

Authorized Doctors
Your own doctor cannot do the medical examination. You must see a physician on Canada’s list of Designated Medical Practitioners.

I hope we can... as I have given ND as my visa office, while I stay in US for faster processing.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
OrangeC said:
Rupesh,

Isn't it also a challenge that he will not be able to do medicals in the US if he moves to India? If it's only a question of sending across passports with a friend, it might be do-able. But if he needs to physically be present in the US to do his medicals, it is probably doubtful that he will be able to enter the US for that (enter with what visa?).. In my opinion, that would be a deal- breaker and should be a more important consideration than the passport issue..

Pls comment and correct me if I am mistaken...

Cheers,
A
SK is right at least according to my understanding. You can do your medical with any CIC approved doctor from anywhere in the world.

OrangeC

Star Member
Jan 25, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->NewYork
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2009
Doc's Request.
30-09-2009
AOR Received.
05-01-2010
File Transfer...
11-05-2010
Med's Request
17-06-2010
Med's Done....
08-07-2010
Passport Req..
21-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2010
LANDED..........
01-11-2010
sk.aggarwal said:
I hope we can... as I have given ND as my visa office, while I stay in US for faster processing.
Damn! Why didn't I think of that? ::)

Is that really popular as a strategy? Are we so certain that Buffalo will take forever?

bidder

May 10, 2010
I have an inteview scheduled at Detroit for 27th July. I am currently in the US but might relocate to India before the interview date. I wanted to know if it is possible to ask the consulate for preponing the interview. What are my other options. I guess asking for transfeering my application to my location of stay would be another option but that might delay things. Can someone provide some guidance in such a situation.

Thanks in Advance

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

bidder said:
I have an inteview scheduled at Detroit for 27th July. I am currently in the US but might relocate to India before the interview date. I wanted to know if it is possible to ask the consulate for preponing the interview. What are my other options. I guess asking for transfeering my application to my location of stay would be another option but that might delay things. Can someone provide some guidance in such a situation.

Thanks in Advance
1. You don't attend the interview, they make the decision with the information on file, and that usually means a refusal.
2. They will not transfer the file.

kishrk

Jul 24, 2010
Hey, I was in the same boat. I moved down to India from US after applying for the Canadian PR. The visa was still processed in Buffalo. Nothing changes. I got my medicals done in India. I got my visa. I would reccommend that you keep the consulate updatd on the change of address. Preferably go through an immigration attorney. That way all correspondence will go to your attorney even if you move out of US. You will not miss out.

The only hitch is sending your passport for stamping. You have to fly to Buffalo from India. Currently it takes 6 yrs or so to get your canadian PR from Delhi. If you have 2 plus yrs of work experience working in US then it is not an issue. Hope this helps.

talk2host2005

Apr 19, 2010
please help

Hi all,

I am looking gurus advice on one confusion:

I don't find any option to specify which "NOC I am apply under canada-fsw". I searched application-package(IMM5612E, E37029, imm0008egen, imm0008_1e, imm0008_3e, IMM5620E)

1)

Only one entry on the shipping label has "NOC entry-applied for":

Citizenship & Immigration Canada
Federal Skilled Worker
Centralized Intake Office
Attn.: SW1 - NOC # _ _ _ _ PO BOX 7500 Sydney, NS
B1P 0A9
Canada

2) imm0008_3e: Prior work experience - NOC #

Please guide me if I am missing something?

Thanks a lot