+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What will happen if 1 month gap in Personal History

hhhh

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
Dear All,

May I know what will happen if I left 1 month gap in Personal History?
It caused by my carelessness, there should be 2 months between my 2 employer, but I wrongly filled only 1 month.

Will I get rejection directly?
Thanks.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
hhhh said:
Dear All,

May I know what will happen if I left 1 month gap in Personal History?
It caused by my carelessness, there should be 2 months between my 2 employer, but I wrongly filled only 1 month.

Will I get rejection directly?
Thanks.
No your file will not get rejected. May I ask you at what stage of EE process are you currently in?

MooseNBooze

Nov 6, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2016
LANDED..........
25-12-2016
At worst, yes, your file may get rejected - after all, you can never be sure with CIC. However, I doubt it will come to that. I think you will likely get a Schedule A request. At best, though, the gap may just get pushed under the rug. All the best to you.

hhhh

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
Stanlee said:
No your file will not get rejected. May I ask you at what stage of EE process are you currently in?
Stanlee, I haven't reach the EE process as my PNP application has not been proceeded.
So in fact I want to ask this question in 2 parts:
1. What will happen I left 1 month gap in NSPNP application form in Personal History
2. What will happen I left 1 month gap in PR APPLICATION step after ITA?

Thanks.

hhhh

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
MooseNBooze said:
At worst, yes, your file may get rejected - after all, you can never be sure with CIC. However, I doubt it will come to that. I think you will likely get a Schedule A request. At best, though, the gap may just get pushed under the rug. All the best to you.
Thank you MooseNBooze, may I know what is schedule A?

MooseNBooze

Nov 6, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2016
LANDED..........
25-12-2016
Schedule A is background info form where you basically resubmit your personal history and address history. That's a post ITA and post eAPR step. So you needn't worry about this issue yet. The gap won't matter yet, at least for the federal EE part. Once you get ITA you get to fill in all the details (when submitting eAPR) which essentially means you get to fill in gaps from your EE profile. If the dates of your employment were entered incorrectly in your EE profile, then I recommend you edit your EE profile before you get ITA. I don't know much about NSPNP but as far as federal eAPR is concerned, you haven't still applied so there's no gaps to fill or to worry about yet. Just make sure your EE profile's employment dates are accurate (edit the other sections too as may be necessary). The gaps can be filled under Personal History section of eAPR after ITA. I hope this makes sense. All the best.

OmarSarfraz

Jul 25, 2014
Should the dates overlap in the personal history for e.g. 1st June 2011 to 2nd July 2012 and then 2nd July 2012 to 5th July 2013.?

Or we leave 1 day gap in between?

hhhh

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
MooseNBooze said:
Schedule A is background info form where you basically resubmit your personal history and address history. That's a post ITA and post eAPR step. So you needn't worry about this issue yet. The gap won't matter yet, at least for the federal EE part. Once you get ITA you get to fill in all the details (when submitting eAPR) which essentially means you get to fill in gaps from your EE profile. If the dates of your employment were entered incorrectly in your EE profile, then I recommend you edit your EE profile before you get ITA. I don't know much about NSPNP but as far as federal eAPR is concerned, you haven't still applied so there's no gaps to fill or to worry about yet. Just make sure your EE profile's employment dates are accurate (edit the other sections too as may be necessary). The gaps can be filled under Personal History section of eAPR after ITA. I hope this makes sense. All the best.

MooseNBooze,

It's really kind of you, thanks for your detail explain.
so for EE, in fact will not same as personal history, as I work in company A, B, C, D, but company B is not related with my NOC, not same as company A, C, D, so the company B is not mentioned and filled in EE.
Some people told me I don't need to fill company B. Please give me your advice on this.
But for company A, C, D, all the date & information is correct.

Thanks again!

hhhh

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
OmarSarfraz said:
Should the dates overlap in the personal history for e.g. 1st June 2011 to 2nd July 2012 and then 2nd July 2012 to 5th July 2013.?

Or we leave 1 day gap in between?
I don't think that is a "gap".
In my personal history in PNP form, I make it: 06/2009 - 07/2009, 08/2009 - 09/2009 like that

MooseNBooze

Nov 6, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2016
LANDED..........
25-12-2016
hhhh said:
MooseNBooze,

It's really kind of you, thanks for your detail explain.
so for EE, in fact will not same as personal history, as I work in company A, B, C, D, but company B is not related with my NOC, not same as company A, C, D, so the company B is not mentioned and filled in EE.
Some people told me I don't need to fill company B. Please give me your advice on this.
But for company A, C, D, all the date & information is correct.

Thanks again!
You are free to pick and choose which work experience (s) you want to claim points for. You may want to leave company B out if it doesn't add any CRS points or at the least provide some sort of cushion (n case one or more of your other jobs' LOR etc don't satisfy the VO). The less the paperwork needed to get you over the finish line the easier for you and the VO, frankly.

I hope this helps. Good luck with NSPNP.

hhhh

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
MooseNBooze said:
You are free to pick and choose which work experience (s) you want to claim points for. You may want to leave company B out if it doesn't add any CRS points or at the least provide some sort of cushion (n case one or more of your other jobs' LOR etc don't satisfy the VO). The less the paperwork needed to get you over the finish line the easier for you and the VO, frankly.

I hope this helps. Good luck with NSPNP.
MooseNBooze,

first of all, thanks for your kind-hearted explain again.
But excuse me I don't really get the point of "You may want to leave company B out if it doesn't add any CRS points or at the least provide some sort of cushion (n case one or more of your other jobs' LOR etc don't satisfy the VO). "

Does it means my letter of reference will not satisfy VO?

And: The less the paperwork needed to get you over the finish line the easier for you and the VO

Would you mind help me rephrase it?

Thanks a lot with very best wishes.

MooseNBooze

Nov 6, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2016
LANDED..........
25-12-2016
hhhh said:
MooseNBooze,

first of all, thanks for your kind-hearted explain again.
But excuse me I don't really get the point of "You may want to leave company B out if it doesn't add any CRS points or at the least provide some sort of cushion (n case one or more of your other jobs' LOR etc don't satisfy the VO). "

Does it means my letter of reference will not satisfy VO?

And: The less the paperwork needed to get you over the finish line the easier for you and the VO

Would you mind help me rephrase it?

Thanks a lot with very best wishes.
First point. What I meant was you could, of course, include company B if you can get LORs etc (and it is in skill type 0, A, or B). But if your other job experience already gets you well above the max points (i.e., if you have over 3 years of experience in the other companies) then you could choose not to include company B. However, if your other company experiences are at or near 3 years (which gets you the max CRS), then it would be wise to include company B as well - just in case, for some reason, one of your other company's job experience LORs/proof does not satisfy the VO. That's what I meant by "cushion."

Second point. What I meant was being efficient with the paperwork. Think of it this way. If you were the VO and have to wade through a bunch of documents that the applicant needn't have submitted, processing could take longer and there also could be more room for error (on the applicant's part when collecting and submitting those documents).

I hope this makes sense.

hhhh

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
MooseNBooze said:
First point. What I meant was you could, of course, include company B if you can get LORs etc (and it is in skill type 0, A, or B). But if your other job experience already gets you well above the max points (i.e., if you have over 3 years of experience in the other companies) then you could choose not to include company B. However, if your other company experiences are at or near 3 years (which gets you the max CRS), then it would be wise to include company B as well - just in case, for some reason, one of your other company's job experience LORs/proof does not satisfy the VO. That's what I meant by "cushion."

Second point. What I meant was being efficient with the paperwork. Think of it this way. If you were the VO and have to wade through a bunch of documents that the applicant needn't have submitted, processing could take longer and there also could be more room for error (on the applicant's part when collecting and submitting those documents).

I hope this makes sense.
DEAR MOOSENBOOZE,

Please accept my sincere appreciation! You're so nice and patient.
All the best wishes to you!

Jul 11, 2017
Hi MOOSENBOOZE,

I got ITA and submitted my application on june 29th 2017. I realized that I missed a single day in address history. i.e. instaed of 2013-08-31 I selected 2013-08-30 for a record. Will this create any problem for me. I am worried as I already got AOR. I cannot change my details now. Please suggest me what to do now?