+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What to tell Canadian Inmigration when re-entering on a Multiple Entry TRV

CarlinaYamel

Oct 31, 2013
I have a multiple entry TRV which expires on 08/20/14 and I entered Canada for the first time on 12/27/14. I stayed with my husband who is a Canadian resident for 5 months. I Just left on 05/27/14 (5 months). I plan to comeback to Canada on 06/30/14 and apply for an extension and also start my PR application with my husband.

I have several concerns and would like some recommendations or some guidance on how to do it.

Would I have a problem with Inmigration when I enter again in such a short time after staying for 5 months?

What should I say when they ask my purpose of visit? Should I say that we are begining my PR Application?

What are my chances of getting an extension and for how long do they usually give it? This is my 2nd time with a TRV, the first one was a single entry and I stayed only for a week. My 2nd time is the Multiple Entry TRV issued on Dec 2014.

I would really appreciate your comments and opinions about this.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
I'll you what - my folks came to Canada 3 timnes in 5 weeks back on 2002

You are showing good intention by leaving on time and coming back - once in, u can ask for ext, no issues

Yourname

Star Member
Mar 17, 2014
user828 said:

You are showing good intention by leaving on time and coming back - once in, u can ask for ext, no issues
They don't stamp on exit, so how would they know that the passenger left before expiration of status?

CarlinaYamel

Oct 31, 2013
Yourname said:
They don't stamp on exit, so how would they know that the passenger left before expiration of status?
They know by seeing the entry stamp from Canada and the entry stamp on Dominican Replublic.

CarlinaYamel

Oct 31, 2013
user828 said:

Thank you so much for your comment. That's my purpose; show them that I want to do everything right without violating any rule or law so my PR Application goes smooth.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Yourname said:
CarlinaYamel said:
They know by seeing the entry stamp from Canada and the entry stamp on Dominican Replublic.
Stamps are not proof of all, Canada has NO EXIT immigration, the only entry-exit system at this time is with USA. The entry stamp of Dominican Republic can be from any other country ( it doesn't say it was stamped after coning from Canada ) - It's an honor system, those who overstay , can leave and come back - they can only find out UNLESS they want to - they don't have airline records running on a 2nd monitor suggesting when the visitor left, it's only done if they suspect something in 2nd, 3rd inspection and stamp of home country is no proof that it was when they left Canada.