+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****What to study to get PR?

Estefania

Star Member
Mar 29, 2018
Hello, I´m wondering if what one studies impacts on Immigration decisions to give someone the PR eventually. Example: I want to study to be an English teacher but I know there are many English teachers so Idk if this would affect in my eligibility in the future. Can someone help me?

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Hello, I´m wondering if what one studies impacts on Immigration decisions to give someone the PR eventually. Example: I want to study to be an English teacher but I know there are many English teachers so Idk if this would affect in my eligibility in the future. Can someone help me?
If you want to be eligible for all the programs, then you need to get a job that has either NOC codes 0,A or B. If a particular province has demand for semi-skilled or unskilled labour, then they will have special programs for that.

Reactions: Estefania

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The higher your education level, the more points and the higher your chances of PR. So get a Masters degree or even PhD.

mircearos

Feb 6, 2019
What you study does not influence the PR. However the level of studies and whether you had the studies done in Canada, that definitely affect it. On another note, if you want to study in Canada, you most definitely have to choose a subject related to your previous studies or with your job field, otherwise you might be refused a study permit.