+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What to say at the airport?

I

iarblue

I didnt state that i said to her she is married under law no matter what her beliefs are and customs can tell if you are married or not.Anything you did in a legal mater then know and anything you do in an illegal mater that was caught doing they know.
And so we understood she got married for the sole purpose of getting a PR.
If she is in a loving relationship, then gods speed apply get approved marry in a year in your church.
I was just upset that she was asking us if she should lie to gain access to Canada.
And was stating she is married and to say she is married if she lies they find out then she can kiss her PR goodbye.
So if she is in love and is applying for her PR to live here with him get married then all the best to her.
The fact that she wants to come and go until her PR is approved then honesty will get you in faster than a lie.Like i said be honest to them,tell them why you are coming here,know the law of the visa that it is temp and you know you have to leave if it expires,bring the letter from your employer it will help.But as know having a home,car,job back home really does not mean anything,you can sell your home in the US while you stay in Canada,you can sell a car in the US while you are in Canada ,and the job well how many people quit just like that.
The best you can do is make them know that you know the laws that you either have to leave or apply for the extension.
Sorry if i seemed like an a-- but i thought she was asking us if we thought she should lie just to get into Canada

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Keep in mind that in order to get a PR visa as a spouse, you have to prove your marriage is genuine. At the interview the visa officer will be grilling you to find out if your marriage is genuine. If your marriage isn't really genuine - and the OP stated she and her husband don't believe they are really married, she refers to him as her fiance, they won't live together, etc. - it will be hard to prove that it is. Even people who have genuine marriages get refused because their proof wasn't good enough or the visa officer didn't believe them.

To the OP: you have to document your relationship and prove your marriage is genuine. If you won't live with your fiance until you have a church wedding, can you do that?

However, there is one saving grace here - the couple is Canadian/American. If they are also of a similar age, educational background, and the same race, they will have an easier time. Could be no interview.

Still, my advice would be don't start the PR process until you are really married, in your eyes. Do the church wedding now and then start the PR app.

sogwap

Feb 18, 2010
Indiana
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you legally marry solely for the sake of the PR, What difference is that from someone getting married for the sake of convenience. Either you are married or you are not.

And as a (former) Catholic myself (because of stuff like this), you are really not being honest.
If you want to do the honorable thing (in my opinion). Get married legally, which is bound by the law, as husband/wife. Apply for the PR, but because of your religious convictions, don't live together, nor sleep together (have sex) until you have completed the religious marriage ceremony.