+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What to do???

Halsall1

Apr 11, 2014
I am heartbroken. My 4 children live in Alberta, I need to find away to live near them. What can I do?

I am 32 year old male.
I am a British citizen.
Nobody to sponsor me in Canada.
Not a skilled worker.

They must be a way for me to live near my children! I can't believe that a country like Canada can not see it is beneficial for their father to live near his children.

I was living in Canada on a visitor visa, that expired and I stayed. Yes I know I should of left, but I didn't and that's something I have to live with. I was given an order to leave and a one year ban.

My wife wants a divorce because of my stupidity and won't sponsor me so that is that. No she isn't going to change her mind.

I don't care what I have to do for work when I get there, I just need to be around them.

Surely they must be a way? Please help. Please don't judge me, I know what I should of done, it's already killing me, I just need help.

Thanks

Nick

M

mikeymyke

If you're 32, your kids are probably no where close to being 18 in order to sponsor you, so that's out of the question. It would seem like skilled worker class is the only way you can come here. If you're not a skilled worker, perhaps you should start. If your kids are really that important to you, then you should maybe give it a try.

At my worksite in Edmonton Alberta, I know of 3 people from the UK, who all came here under the skilled worker class.

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
Ummm, there's an elephant in the room. Okay, I'll ask. And there was no thought for your wife sponsoring you before? Before the alleged stupidity.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Halsall1 said:
I can't believe that a country like Canada can not see it is beneficial for their father to live near his children.
A country like Canada gave you years of opportunities to apply for your PR while you were happily married or common-law.

As mentioned, you only have skilled worker option now.

Or if you want to overcome the 1-year ban to Canada and visit again sooner, you can apply for a TRP based on H&C considerations from the UK visa office. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/inadmissibility/permits.asp

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
As others have mentioned, immigrating through family class is unfortunately out of the question if you and your wife are no longer in a relationship and she's not willing to sponsor you. Your children won't be able to sponsor you until they are adults and employed.

This means you'll have to qualify to immigrate independently. It's difficult to say what your options are since you haven't provided details about your profession. You can read about Canada's immigration programs and there requirements here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/apply.asp

Another option would be to come to Canada temporarily on a work permit. To do this you'll need a permanent job offer in Canada from a Canadian employer and an approved LMIA (permission to employ a foreign worker) from that employer. It tends to be quite difficult to find employers willing to go through this process unfortunately. If you want to try to go this route, start looking for an employer.

Note that none of the above will override the exclusion order. I don't know when it was issued, however you won't be able to re-enter Canada until it has expired.

Good luck- hope something works out for you and your kids.