+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What to do when Principal Applicant IS a three year old dependent.

livinginchina

Jul 7, 2014
I've been filling out the forms for family class sponsorship and I've come across a road block.

I am a Canadian citizen married to a Chinese citizen who is a Permanent Resident. My two children are British Citizens, aged 3 and 18 months. The "General Application Form for Canada" on this page: cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp requires the applicant to sign it. How am I to get around this requirement? Is there another route to permanent residency that I'm not aware of?

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
livinginchina said:
I've been filling out the forms for family class sponsorship and I've come across a road block.

I am a Canadian citizen married to a Chinese citizen who is a Permanent Resident. My two children are British Citizens, aged 3 and 18 months. The "General Application Form for Canada" on this page: cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp requires the applicant to sign it. How am I to get around this requirement? Is there another route to permanent residency that I'm not aware of?
if you are a canadian citizen and the legal parent of the children then your children should also be canadian citizens. if your children are canadian citizens, you would not need to sponsor them for pr, you would apply for their citizenship certificates. They will be able to travel freely into canada and enjoy the privledges of citizenship. They would then have dual citizenship with Britian.

livinginchina

Jul 7, 2014
It's complicated!

I'm Canadian by descent. My mum is Canadian, but I was born in the UK. Neither of my children were born in Canada so, they are not entitled to citizenship by descent as this only works for one generation.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
oh. hmmm. i can't offer advise. hopefully a senior member will chime in soon. good luck!

BLT123

Oct 1, 2012
livinginchina said:

If the Principal Applicant is under 18, the 1344,0008,5406 and 5669 do not need to be signed. Make sure you, as the sponsor sign the correct spot on the 1344. Alternatively, you as the guardian may sign all sections for your dep under 18.