+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What to do when CIC loses half of your application.

Canadian_belle1

Nov 30, 2013
North Bay, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 4, 2014
Doc's Request.
March 4, 2014 - Rescinded on March 7, 2014
AOR Received.
March 10, 2014
File Transfer...
March 10, 2014
Med's Done....
Nov 27, 2013
Interview........
Aug 11, 2014
Passport Req..
Aug 11, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 11, 2014
LANDED..........
Aug 18, 2014
I am absolutely devastated! Instead of receiving AOR today, I get informed that CIC says they have received nothing in the file relating to the Principal Applicant. I sent ALL of them in! A bunch of ORIGINAL docs and pics and all the medical, etc.

Has this happened to anyone? What do I do?

The call centre was no help at all! Just said to submit a list of documents I DID send and hope they find them.

Help! I am really devastated!!!

bono1

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 06, 2014
AOR Received.
Mar. 06, 2014
File Transfer...
Mar. 13, 2014
Med's Done....
Nov. 12, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jun. 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jul. 02, 2014
LANDED..........
Sept. 11, 2014
oh no.. I am a feb applicant as well. I really sympathize with you. I just hope the same thing doesn't happen to me.

I guess there is nothing else to do but re-submit all the missing documents. If you have called the call centre and they are no help, then there is no other mechanism i can think off, other to re-submit what they are asking for. Hopefully the can rush it because they had already reviewed it.

Did they give you a UCI #?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I hate hearing this all familiar story. How on earth could they lose 50% of what was in your envelope?!?!

Hopefully, you made copies of everything that you sent, but suspect that like most people...you did not. Not because you didn't `consider' it, but because you put your trust and faith in CIC.

As bono1 has stated, you probably have little choice but to comply with their demands.

Good luck!

Canadian_belle1

Nov 30, 2013
North Bay, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 4, 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
March 10, 2014
File Transfer...
March 10, 2014
Med's Done....
Nov 27, 2013
Interview........
Aug 11, 2014
Passport Req..
Aug 11, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 11, 2014
LANDED..........
Aug 18, 2014
I have copies but not originals obviously. Am I to pay for 100 new printed photos?

I am most angry about the DELAY and COST. I did everything right !

jimmykitty2013

Oct 1, 2013
I am sorry to hear that, I really sympathize with you. I know that we cannot really do anything to help out, but at least, i want to write a notes here that we are hearing you.
it is really a painful period of missing the love ones, waiting is ok, but in the situation that all those days waited count nothing.
did this happen during stage 1 or 2?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jimmykitty2013 said:
I am sorry to hear that, I really sympathize with you. I know that we cannot really do anything to help out, but at least, i want to write a notes here that we are hearing you.
it is really a painful period of missing the love ones, waiting is ok, but in the situation that all those days waited count nothing.
did this happen during stage 1 or 2?
The OP stated that they hadn't yet received AOR, so the `positive' here (and I realize that it's hard to see, but it is there) is the fact that this `loss' has happened very early in the process. Hopefully, the application will remain in the queue while the requested docs/pictures are re-sent.

Yes, it's never good to lose 6 weeks (+), by having to re-submit the items, but at least it didn't happen 6 months from now.

yosumi

Sep 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 January 2014
AOR Received.
AOR1: 21 February 2014/ AOR2: 02 April 2014
File Transfer...
11 March 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront: 5 December 2013/ eCAS Medicals Received: 21 June 2014
Interview........
Fairness Procedural Letter Received: 14 August 2014
Passport Req..
14 August 2014
VISA ISSUED...
eCAS In Process: 29 September 2014/ Decision Made: 6 October 2014
Nothing's right. At least for my case. Bunch of heartless people working there. Their job is to delay all applications and destroy families. It takes over a month just to get an confirmation. (If you are lucky) They never experienced the pain of seperation from wives and children. "Sorry, we just lost 50% of your application..." Come on, need to try harder than that for someone with half a brain to believe. Bottomline, they just hate immigrants but are too afraid to admit it. I am almost 50 days into this mess and they still refuse to give me a simple yes/ no decision. For my case, they are still not convinced that a married couple with their natural son is genuine. Ok, I guess in their world, only Canadian citizen couples are genuine. I can tell it's gonna go no where so it's best for me to leave and spend more time with my wife and kid.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Canadian_belle1 said:
I am absolutely devastated! Instead of receiving AOR today, I get informed that CIC says they have received nothing in the file relating to the Principal Applicant. I sent ALL of them in! A bunch of ORIGINAL docs and pics and all the medical, etc.
I'm very sorry to hear what has happened to you. It is not the first time CIC has screwed up like this; a year or 2 ago, they lost an entire package and the couple had to redo everything.

You can call your MP and request their immediate assistance in dealing with the situation. They might be able to light a fire under someone's a** and have them actually do a thorough search for the missing documents and hopefully find them. Requests from MP offices are usually taken much more seriously than requests from sponsors/applicants.

yosumi said:
Nothing's right. At least for my case. Bunch of heartless people working there. Their job is to delay all applications and destroy families. It takes over a month just to get an confirmation. (If you are lucky) They never experienced the pain of seperation from wives and children. "Sorry, we just lost 50% of your application..." Come on, need to try harder than that for someone with half a brain to believe. Bottomline, they just hate immigrants but are too afraid to admit it. I am almost 50 days into this mess and they still refuse to give me a simple yes/ no decision. For my case, they are still not convinced that a married couple with their natural son is genuine. Ok, I guess in their world, only Canadian citizen couples are genuine. I can tell it's gonna go no where so it's best for me to leave and spend more time with my wife and kid.
OP and partner have been genuinely screwed over by CIC, through no fault of their own.

You have not. As I replied to you in your other thread, your application has been delayed because you made a very large mistake, not because "their job is to delay all applications and destroy families". I understand it is frustrating to wait longer than others but you cannot bash CIC when it was your own fault.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
I'm so sorry this happened to you. I know all the work and time that goes into preparing an application and you will get through this.

I take it your application is still at CPC-Missisauga? It would be helpful to find out if it's the sponsor's documents or sponsored spouse's documents that are missing. Please, begin gathering new documents for submission. It is the best thing for you and your spouse. It is possible that the documents may have been placed in another applicant's envelope(by mistake) after initial checks for completeness or just misplaced.

It may be worth putting your entire application in a soft cover binder so it is like a book. The officer would just need to flip through without taking the pages apart. Ofcourse, you need to label the dividers properly so the officer knows where to go to find each form. Our lawyer put ours in a customized binder, kind of like this though not exact: http://www.123rf.com/photo_11721289_spiral-binder-note-pad-with-white.html

Canadian_belle1 said:

The call centre was no help at all! Just said to submit a list of documents I DID send and hope they find them.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
SenoritaBella said:
It may be worth putting your entire application in a soft cover binder so it is like a book. The officer would just need to flip through without taking the pages apart. Ofcourse, you need to label the dividers properly so the officer knows where to go to find each form. Our lawyer put ours in a customized binder, kind of like this though not exact: http://www.123rf.com/photo_11721289_spiral-binder-note-pad-with-white.html
I've read from several people, that upon receiving a complete application the first thing CIC does is take the whole thing apart to scan some sections and separate/file things in their own way. So if this is true, it would in fact be a bad idea to put things in a binder that would force them to rip pages out to separate them. This is why some people say you also shouldn't staple docs together, since CIC just ends up having to remove all the staples.

The fact docs are moved around, could also be the reason part of the OPs app was lost, if app was separated and something was "filed" to the wrong location and misplaced. It sucks, and unfortunately there isn't much we can do when CIC screws up. It may be hard enough simply getting them to admit the mistake, as lots of times call centre agents will insist it was the sponsor/applicant that didn't send the docs to begin with and CIC can do no wrong. I agree with contacting the MP and seeing if they are willing to help.
But to expect the worst, you should be preparing to have to re-do and send in all the required docs again.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Rob_TO said:
It may be hard enough simply getting them to admit the mistake, as lots of times call centre agents will insist it was the sponsor/applicant that didn't send the docs to begin with and CIC can do no wrong.
When CIC lost one of my partner's forms, the London VO said that Mississauga must have kept it or lost it. Mississauga said no, they sent it on and that London must have lost it. London came back saying they never received it, so Mississauga must have lost it....

It reminded me of my brother and I standing with our mother in front of the broken window/dyed green cat/wall drawings.

"She did it!"
"Did not!".
"Did too!"
"Did not infinity times a million billion!!" *sticks out tongue

Canadian_belle1

Nov 30, 2013
North Bay, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 4, 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
March 10, 2014
File Transfer...
March 10, 2014
Med's Done....
Nov 27, 2013
Interview........
Aug 11, 2014
Passport Req..
Aug 11, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 11, 2014
LANDED..........
Aug 18, 2014
Hey guys, thanks for your kind words and advice. They were not clear in their email - shocking I know!

They basically said that all of the "proof of the relationship" was missing - such as photos, wedding cert, emails, airline tickets.

I had post-it stamped every single document or group of documents by Checklist Reference number.

I suspect the package was pulled apart & not put back together.

The call-centre agent said to submit a letter stating all the documents I sent in. But I plan on sending copies of everything I have, again, along with a list of what I cannot reproduce because they were ORIGINALS and hopefully they can locate it.

I plan to get busy and then follow up with the MP. It's just really hard knowing there will be more delays. Especially because the letter is so vague so I worry they are missing a bunch of other documents they didn't confirm.

FML

fandv

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
CPC-M: None. Singapore: 25 Apr 2013
File Transfer...
17 Apr 2013
Med's Request
2nd request: 5 Feb 2014
Med's Done....
1st: 12 Dec 2012. 2nd: 11 Feb 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 Feb 2014 and also e-CAS changed to "In Process" on that day. Passport got to Singapore: 12 Mar '14
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on eCAS: 12 April 2014. Visa n COPR issued 8 April 2014, received 16 May 2014.
LANDED..........
20 May 2014. PR card arrived on 29 July 2014.
Canadian_belle1 said:

Hi there!

I feel for you......guess what, the same thing happened to me and my wife too!! We sent our application at the end of January 2013. We expected to have received an AOR by mid-Feb, but we got nothing at all. And then once my normal processing time had passed, I got my MP involved, and I also emailed the CIC to inquire why I hadn't received an AOR. Finally in mid-March 2013, an officer from CPC-Mississauga called me to inform that "we did not receive your application. However your relationship proofs got here safely". That was crazy.....so we had to resend ALL the forms.

Basically our package consisted of:

- 1 envelope with the sponsor's forms (mine)
- 1 envelope with the sponsored person's forms (my wife's)
- a huge plastic bag containing a very huge amount of relationship proofs, photos, etc

And we put those 3 inside a box (slightly larger than a shoebox)

But somehow mysteriously the 2 envelopes just disappeared.

The officer who called me was kind enough to retain my relationship proofs, and once I sent the redone application forms, she joined them with the relationship proofs she had kept, and sent everything to Singapore. It took about 5 days (since sending the redone forms) for me to get my sponsorship approval.

Anyway, definitely email CIC and ask your MP for help. I really, really sincerely hope that someone from Mississauga will contact you to help you...!!

It was bad enough that our forms disappeared. But your relationship proofs even disappeared too........I totally understand your frustration =/

Canadian_belle1

Nov 30, 2013
North Bay, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 4, 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
March 10, 2014
File Transfer...
March 10, 2014
Med's Done....
Nov 27, 2013
Interview........
Aug 11, 2014
Passport Req..
Aug 11, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 11, 2014
LANDED..........
Aug 18, 2014
fandv said:
Hi there!

I feel for you......guess what, the same thing happened to me and my wife too!! We sent our application at the end of January 2013. We expected to have received an AOR by mid-Feb, but we got nothing at all. And then once my normal processing time had passed, I got my MP involved, and I also emailed the CIC to inquire why I hadn't received an AOR. Finally in mid-March 2013, an officer from CPC-Mississauga called me to inform that "we did not receive your application. However your relationship proofs got here safely". That was crazy.....so we had to resend ALL the forms.

Basically our package consisted of:

- 1 envelope with the sponsor's forms (mine)
- 1 envelope with the sponsored person's forms (my wife's)
- a huge plastic bag containing a very huge amount of relationship proofs, photos, etc

And we put those 3 inside a box (slightly larger than a shoebox)

But somehow mysteriously the 2 envelopes just disappeared.

The officer who called me was kind enough to retain my relationship proofs, and once I sent the redone application forms, she joined them with the relationship proofs she had kept, and sent everything to Singapore. It took about 5 days (since sending the redone forms) for me to get my sponsorship approval.

Anyway, definitely email CIC and ask your MP for help. I really, really sincerely hope that someone from Mississauga will contact you to help you...!!

It was bad enough that our forms disappeared. But your relationship proofs even disappeared too........I totally understand your frustration =/
Thank you for your kind words. I have 45 days to get all of the documents back in. You can tell they know THEY lost them. Why would I send a complete application minus the relationship proofs? I should stay in queue after that. CLEARLY they separate them at some point and don't always put them back together.

I had a bad feeling about this. I even wrote it on this forum. But hopefully they will process it that much quicker once I do send what I do still have. It's just not an email I was expecting to get. AT ALL. I was sure it was AOR.

Once my file is safely in Rome I will have my MP kick them in the butts for their errors!!! I like to be safe and cautious.

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
Canadian_belle1 said:
Thank you for your kind words. I have 45 days to get all of the documents back in. You can tell they know THEY lost them. Why would I send a complete application minus the relationship proofs? I should stay in queue after that. CLEARLY they separate them at some point and don't always put them back together.

I had a bad feeling about this. I even wrote it on this forum. But hopefully they will process it that much quicker once I do send what I do still have. It's just not an email I was expecting to get. AT ALL. I was sure it was AOR.

Once my file is safely in Rome I will have my MP kick them in the butts for their errors!!! I like to be safe and cautious.
Sorry to hear about this. Good thing you are contacting your MP about this. More people need to do this when CIC makes an obvious error. This is the only recourse we have when it comes to these things. Good luck!