+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHAT TO DO NEXT AFTER RECEIVING THIS PERMANENT RESIDENCE LETTER UNDER LCP

LHJP

Nov 20, 2013
Hi! My mother from canada already received her PR under Live in caregiver program. What to do next? How long it will take to process for us here in the philippines to go there to canada? Thank you in advance guys :* :))))

A

airacaberoy

Timeline namin:

November 2011 - My mom received a letter as well for PR (Canada)
July 2012 - LC2 Kit received via mail (Philippines) -might as well if the process takes 3 months or more, follow it up on canadian embassy already
August 2012 - We submitted the required documents
February 2013 - AOR Received
July 2013 - Additional Information were requested (which were actually sent already, maybe it was misplaced)

till now, dreadful waiting :mad:

I'm already 22, don't want to go to school anymore :'(

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
LHJP said:
Hi! My mother from canada already received her PR under Live in caregiver program. What to do next? How long it will take to process for us here in the philippines to go there to canada? Thank you in advance guys :* :))))
I'm not sure I understand your question... Could you clarify the following points?

1) Is your Mother now a Canadian Permanent Resident, having officially "landed" in Canada?
2) Were you included in her PR application as "accompanying" or "non-accompanying" dependants?
3) Who is "us"?

Please provide as much information as you can.

LHJP

Nov 20, 2013
First, yes she is a canadian resident now
Second, we are include as a accompanying
Third, what i mean to "US" is my father and my little siblings :)

LHJP

Nov 20, 2013
airacaberoy said:
Timeline namin:

November 2011 - My mom received a letter as well for PR (Canada)
July 2012 - LC2 Kit received via mail (Philippines) -might as well if the process takes 3 months or more, follow it up on canadian embassy already
August 2012 - We submitted the required documents
February 2013 - AOR Received
July 2013 - Additional Information were requested (which were actually sent already, maybe it was misplaced)

till now, dreadful waiting :mad:

I'm already 22, don't want to go to school anymore :'(
So we're going to wait for another 2 years? :(

A

airacaberoy

That's what happened to us but sometimes cases differs. I hope we all be PRs soon!

LHJP

Nov 20, 2013
Don't want to stay here anymore :( I just want to be with my mother now. Fvck that processing time -_- anyways are ya study right now?

A

airacaberoy

Yeah me as well :( I am not yet enrolled this semester but will try to get a vocational course. I'm done with my master's because of the long process :(

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I'm confused. If you are listed as accompanying, you should all have done the medical examination and received your COPR at the same time as your mother. What am I missing from this story?

LHJP

Nov 20, 2013
We're not finish yet doing the medical examination because we are waiting for the letter just like what my mother received last november 18,2013

LHJP

Nov 20, 2013
airacaberoy said:
Yeah me as well :( I am not yet enrolled this semester but will try to get a vocational course. I'm done with my master's because of the long process :(
You should follow up your documents. Hopefully next year or next month, that our papers is already finish -,- hahaha

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I am still confused... According to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/caregiver/permanent_resident.asp

Applying for your family at the same time

You must include all your family members in your application for permanent resident status, even if they do not want to come to Canada with you. Family members who are not listed in your application cannot be sponsored by you at a later date.

You and your family members can get permanent resident status at the same time.

Your family members abroad will go through the process of permanent resident status at their nearest visa office.

All your family members must first pass medical and criminal screening before you can receive permanent resident status. When you receive your permanent resident status, your family members will receive immigrant visas from the visa office in their home country.
So, you are saying that your mother already HAS permanent resident status but you have not done your medicals? If so, that doesn't agree with the published information. Can you explain?

LHJP

Nov 20, 2013
I don't know -__- because my mother told us that we should wait for the PR then after that we can start the medical and police license then we're going to pass it

A

airacaberoy

LHJP said:
You should follow up your documents. Hopefully next year or next month, that our papers is already finish -,- hahaha
We check our ECAS every once in a while, it is "In Process" still though and to be specific they only reviewed our LC2 kit this month. So yeah, still need to wait. How old are you now btw?

A

airacaberoy

zardoz said:
I am still confused... According to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/caregiver/permanent_resident.asp

So, you are saying that your mother already HAS permanent resident status but you have not done your medicals? If so, that doesn't agree with the published information. Can you explain?

@Zardos, I think LHJP is talking about the permanent residency application letter. My mom received one as well last 2010. It still in process though. Are you an LC2 or LC1?