+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What should I say about my high school diploma?

lakersgo

Sep 27, 2008
Here is the situation.

I finished the first 2 years of high school in belgium then I moved to the US and enrolled in the 12th grade. But the school said I was too old for the 12th grade. So while we were looking for other options, friends suggested to go straight to community college and transfer to a 4 year college after two years. So I did that and never got my high school diploma. Now that the app for skilled worker is asking whether i graduated from high school. I did get my college degree...so how should I answer the question? I don't want something to haunt my qualification.

john5655

Jan 25, 2009
from my understanding, you do not need to prove any educational qualifications prior to tertiary level education, so for school (up to age 18 years of age, I don't use the word college as it has different meanings in different countries) you only have to prove you attended for how many years, but most people use these school qualifications to show they atended their school(s) at the times they claim as otherwise there is very little offical documentation available