+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What Should I Do While The Application of Study Permit Took 8 Month Already

Aug 19, 2021
Just graduated from secondary school and about moving to University, but IRCC already took a really long period of time to check and review my information. My passport was expired during the procedure and I uploaded the new passport in April and summit to the IRCC in order to update their information. What should I do now since it really take too long, will summit an new application a practical option?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
You cannot have 2 concurrent SP applications. I don't think you can withdraw your current app anymore as it's been so long in process.
Did you request GCMS notes during this 8 months at all? If not, I suggest you do that ASAP.

Aug 19, 2021
You cannot have 2 concurrent SP applications. I don't think you can withdraw your current app anymore as it's been so long in process.
Did you request GCMS notes during this 8 months at all? If not, I suggest you do that ASAP.
What exactly is GCMS stand for? I am a bit confused by what I found in google… And where can I have it in order to support my acknowledgment of the current progress?

taigabear

Oct 13, 2020
Same thing here: I applied more than 8 months ago, already completed my first semester online, but the application is stuck on the Biometrics step.