+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What should be the NOC code for the below job description

sims88

Sep 12, 2018
Hi Everyone-

I am completely new to the application process and signed up today to this great forum. I am really confused about the job NOC . Please help me in finding the right NOC for my profile.

I have been working as a Programmer Analyst for the past 3 years.

Below is my job description or roles and responsibilities.
  • Possess and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures of particular field of specialization to the completion of difficult assignments.
  • Responsible for daily communications to management and internal organizations regarding status of all assigned projects and tasks. Works with external organizations to gather requirements and resolve issues.
  • Responsible for research, design, document, and modify software specifications throughout the production life cycle.
  • Perform and oversee the performance of Design to develop technical solutions from Analysis documents.
  • Participates in the implementation of new systems including the integration of the new system.
  • Assists in verifying installed systems to ensure that they adequately meet user requirements.
  • Participates in physical design of data record data files and databases.
  • Develops specifications, codes of new programs, and modifies existing programs, data structures, and job streams. All work is produced in accordance with established procedures, following departmental standards, guidelines and system development methodologies on all assigned projects and tasks, and includes mentoring others in their use.
  • Develops test cases and test plans, creates the unit and system test environment, and conducts unit and system tests for new or modified programs and job streams.
  • Coordinates and guides resolution of day-to-day problems within the business segment; involves and guides other team members in their problem solving efforts.
Any help is much appreciated !

Thanks

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
Hi Everyone-

I am completely new to the application process and signed up today to this great forum. I am really confused about the job NOC . Please help me in finding the right NOC for my profile.

• Possess and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures of particular field of specialization to the completion of difficult assignments.
  • Responsible for daily communications to management and internal organizations regarding status of all assigned projects and tasks. Works with external organizations to gather requirements and resolve issues.
  • Responsible for research, design, document, and modify software specifications throughout the production life cycle.
  • Perform and oversee the performance of Design to develop technical solutions from Analysis documents.
  • Participates in the implementation of new systems including the integration of the new system.
  • Assists in verifying installed systems to ensure that they adequately meet user requirements.
  • Develops specifications, codes of new programs, and modifies existing programs, data structures, and job streams. All work is produced in accordance with established procedures, following departmental standards, guidelines and system development methodologies on all assigned projects and tasks, and includes mentoring others in their use.
  • Develops test cases and test plans, creates the unit and system test environment, and conducts unit and system tests for new or modified programs and job streams.
  • Coordinates and guides resolution of day-to-day problems within the business segment; involves and guides other team members in their problem solving efforts.

Thanks
Please check 2171 & 2174. Hope that will help

http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/NOC/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=2&val1=2171&ver=11

Good Luck

Reactions: sims88

Takentaken421

Aug 30, 2018
Hi Everyone-

Thanks
Seems to be related to 2173 or 2174. Match the keywords with official duties under these NOC.

Reactions: sims88

sims88

Sep 12, 2018
Thank you guys. I have written 2174 as Programmer Analyst is one of the listed title in the CIC's website and also I am mainly a programmer, so that aligns much better.