What proof is good for a commonlwa sponsorship/

raj100

Dec 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm ilegal and i've been living with my common law for 3 year but my name is not in bills because i'm illegal i can't have nothing on my name.

We have a lot of pics but is that we have, any sugestions to prove the relations is real?

kal1313

May 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2010
AOR Received.
24-08-10
File Transfer...
16-09-10
Passport Req..
30-10-10
raj100 said:
I'm ilegal and i've been living with my common law for 3 year but my name is not in bills because i'm illegal i can't have nothing on my name.

We have a lot of pics but is that we have, any sugestions to prove the relations is real?
Sorry man not much can be done there , the biggest proof of the relationship being genuine would be to have a baby together , even then you would still have to explain why were you living illegal for so long . So you are better of talking to an immigration lawyer.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
kal1313 said:
Sorry man not much can be done there , the biggest proof of the relationship being genuine would be to have a baby together , even then you would still have to explain why were you living illegal for so long . So you are better of talking to an immigration lawyer.
That is wrong. Yes having a baby is special for a couple but that alone does not prove that you are genuine. That just proves you had sex. Anyone that has sex can have a baby and not care for each other. This process should not be a reason to bring a child into the picture. That should only happen out of wanting to genuinely start a family together for the right reasons. This is just my 2 cents though. ::)

kal1313

May 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2010
AOR Received.
24-08-10
File Transfer...
16-09-10
Passport Req..
30-10-10
Let me reiterate what I meant , If you already have a baby together , but yeah i would be totally be against bringing a baby just for the sake of becoming legal. You can always go back to from where you're from and have your common law sponsor you .

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If your sponsor is employed, have them add you as a beneficiary to their insurance, RRSPs, etc. That can be done regardless of your status. That's what we did, in addition to letters and photos.

raj100 said:

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
You do not need to be a resident to be added to bank accounts (depending on the bank). My partner added me to his RBC accounts when I was still a visitor - All I needed was a passport and another piece of identification. We were also able to get a lease in both our names before I was approved for PR. You might also consider statutory declarations from friends, neighbors, family stating that you have lived together for a certain period of time and attesting that you present yourselves as a genuine couple (not just roommates). You can also draft wills declaring each other as having authority to make medical decisions and end of life decisions or as beneficiaries to each other's estate.

raj100

Dec 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The statements from friends and neighbours we can get them, as well as members of both families. We tried to add me in her bank account but i don't have a valid passport anymore, expired 1 year after i came to canada and i've been here for more than six. I tried to get some utility bills on my new, but same thing i need to pieces of id. I had my birthcertificate, but that's all i have.

We do have a lot of pics topgether with friends and family an trips together. Thank you eerybody for your help. We are going to have a difficult time proving our relation. And we want to have babies, but just after my situation gets fixed and we can get married properly it's very important for my family and their strong religious beliefs.

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
Where are you from, Raj? The fact that you don't have a valid passport surprises (read as worries) me. If you had to leave Canada, were deported or whatever other reason, what would happen to you and where could you go?

Can you get a driver's license or other identity document? Can you apply for a new passport or a renewal through the mail?

ditta

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
Before you do anything, trying to gather any proof or trying to apply for PR, please look up the thread Spousal Public Policy by Confusedwife. Her husband was in the same situation, being out of status for years. They applied for his PR and it turned out he had a warrant for arrest issued that he didn`t know about. He got arrested and he has a big chance to get deported from the country and getting his PR application refused as he was not an eligible applicant. You would end up the same. What I would do in your place, get a valid passport, go home to your homecountry- get married there and apply outland for your PR under spousal category, not as common-laws. Gather all kind of supporting evidence that others adviced you. You should expect interviews still questioning what have you done in Canada for 3 years with no status at all. You actually shrinked your chances to become a permanent resident. It is yours and noone elses responsibility to maintain valid status. How could you not think about it?

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
1. your partner could add you on her credit card without you even be present...i live outside Canada with my partner; he have never been to Canada but last time i visited Canada i called the bank (TD Canada Trust) and add him on my credit card; noone asked me for anything; all the work was done by phone; i don't know what is the procedure for other banks but give it a try; since you r not the main user of the credit card it should not be a problem

2. also she could add you on the apartment lease but that depends on the landlord; if he sees you every day and you r in good relations maybe he will not ask you for any ids

3. lastly, my parents added me on the Hydro bill and again noone asked any ids...many of these procedures are done over the Internet; try them all: Gas, Hydro, internet/cable/phone company

4. also, do u have a mobile phone? doesn't the mobile company send you letters, bills on your name to that same address your sponsor has? those r good too

really u should get your valid passport ASAP :eek: i don't know from what country you are but i know in some countries (Middle East) they might not issue passport unless you do the military service or they would issue it for a short period of time; if that's your case and you cannot go to your home country, try to get a working visa somewhere else, have a valid status there and your sponsor could apply then outland for you; you don't risk being arrested and outland applications are usually faster than inland

good luck!!

raj100

Dec 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks to all for you help.

We follow all your advice and we submit the information. We were asked to update our file and so we did on december 22. We were called for an interview on february 8.

The IO told us he was conviced we were genuine and we will received our AIP letter in the mail within 2 weeks.

It's been 7 weeks and nothing in the mail yet. I check e-cas yesterday and says:

"Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted"

What is that means?

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
This means start looking closely for your mailman. Your letter informing you of the decision will likely come regular post. And if you have ever received any correspondence via email then look carefully at your inbox and spam folder. I received my PPR via email and almost tossed it because the address and subject fields were NOT recognizable. Best of luck. Here's hoping for GOOD news! Allison

raj100

Dec 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AllisonVSC said:
This means start looking closely for your mailman. Your letter informing you of the decision will likely come regular post. And if you have ever received any correspondence via email then look carefully at your inbox and spam folder. I received my PPR via email and almost tossed it because the address and subject fields were NOT recognizable. Best of luck. Here's hoping for GOOD news! Allison
Thanks for the advice Allison. I'm going to check my e-mail (inboxx and spam) and i will wait for the mail man on monday and ask him if it's any chance the letter was sent already and maybe misplaced it.

Have a nice evening