+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What photo ID's for 9 years old child

bella2015

Mar 30, 2015
I have already used pr and passport for the other requirements, health card has no photo, no student ID in elemantary school. What can I use for citizenship applicaition of my 9 years old child??

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
bella2015 said:
I have already used pr and passport for the other requirements, health card has no photo, no student ID in elemantary school. What can I use for citizenship applicaition of my 9 years old child??

Here is the link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0003ETOC.asp

Two (2) pieces of the child's personal identification

Both pieces of identification should show your child's name and date of birth, one of which must have a photo on it.

Examples include:

school record
health insurance card
If there is information on both sides of your child's personal identification documents, provide a photocopy of both sides.

For a child under school age, identification such as:

a passport page containing his or her photo and personal details, or
a hospital or immunization record, may be provided
Format: Clear and legible photocopy

malimm0a75

Star Member
Apr 2, 2015
How about children school record? It is school report cards or a letter from.school with registration form and attendance record?

I called my kids school and lady says, we dont have enough paper to print 2 copies of the record... what the heck is that... we pay 40% tax and cant get the extra copy... !

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
malimm0a75 said:
How about children school record? It is school report cards or a letter from.school with registration form and attendance record?

I called my kids school and lady says, we dont have enough paper to print 2 copies of the record... what the heck is that... we pay 40% tax and cant get the extra copy... !
Please wait for a response from someone in this forum who might be aware of this situation or please call cic call centre at 1-888-242-2100 and they can guide you.

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
bella2015 said:
You can use same document copy for more requirements; for example - passport copy can be used for Copy of passport and Photo ID.

ocanadao

Mar 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
malimm0a75 said:

I think there is something called student index the school will provide and with child's photo on it

Canadafrenzy

Star Member
Aug 18, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bella2015 said:
Hey Bella,

PR card and passport are the 2 pieces of ID documents in your case. I know the Application Checklist makes it a bit confusing by mentioning them separately and then as 2x ID documents. But that's because not everyone is supposed to have a PR card if they don't need it, in which case they will have to send another ID document such as a health card, or something.

For my kid, I just sent them copies of PR, passport, and health card, making it more than 2X ID docs. And our applications have already been through the initial review with no problem.
Hope that helps.