+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is this form for? 5401E2-B (FEE RECIEPT)

Keephope

Dec 2, 2013
I didn't order any form, just 2 copies for this in mail. It's some cic form.

It says "TO BE SENT BY CLIENT TO CITIZENSHIP AND IMMIGRATION CANADA"

Bonita1

Dec 5, 2013
What did yours say? I got the document number yesterday but it doesnt say how much is the fee just about paying in the bank. I remember in 2013 i apply something online but i dont remember what it was. I did it in november. Ill try to call them or if somebody knows what it is tell us

Adal

Nov 27, 2013
Hello,

I received the same docs by mail last week.

Did anybody finally find what these documents are for? There is no letter, or explanation whatsoever within the envelope.

To be honest (or paranoid) this is fishy... no instructions, weird envelope, no Client# or File# or identifier, hard to Google PO Box, and asking for money.

Maybe I'll have to call CIC.

Thanks

Adal

Nov 27, 2013
Just an update in case this can help somebody else. (sorry for the links, please remove unnecessary dots and spaces. I can't post them properly, forum's restriction... go figure why)

I called CIC and they say normally this form is sent upon request online.

h.t.t.p.s..://eservices.cic.gc.ca/kms/introinit.do?dispatch=introinit&appno=5401&lang=en

That made me realize I was the one who requested these forms as an alternative to another payment method. (they took two months approximately to arrive home, I had already paid long time ago, I even had forgotten about this request)

So, those receiving this form is because they requested it online in the previous URL. For example the guide for the family sponsorship program (h.t.t.p://w w w .cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3900ETOC.asp#pay-fee) in the fee payment section says:

"Obtaining an original receipt form–Inside Canada
You may obtain an original receipt form (IMM 5401) by ordering through our website "

where the word "website" has a link to h.t.t.p.s://eservices.cic.gc.ca/kms/introinit.do?dispatch=introinit&appno=5401&lang=en