+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is the realistic timeline for SUV work permit?

xander78

Nov 17, 2023
hi all

I hired a consultancy company to do the paperwork and have submitted the application at the end of April, 2024.

The next step, according to the consultant, is to apply for the work permit in June, 2024.

My questions:
- After applying for the work permit, how long should I expect to receive it, if I file it in June, 2024 as planned?

I was told to expect it by around September or October, 2024, does this sound real? Because from the government website, the SUV generally takes 37 months to process. This seems to contradict with what the consultant stated?

- Suppose the work permit petition is approved, once I got the work permit letter, how soon should I enter Canada?

Thanks, appreciate your feedback

May 7, 2024
Dear both are different applications… PR is main application while Work permit under SUV as essential partner is supplimentary application made before IRCC. The timeline of 37 months approx given at IRCC website is meant for main case of PR while WP application takes 2-4 months approx. We also applied in June-July 2023 under SUV stream by 05 of our team members and one of my team mate who is also essential partner, had applied for her WP in June 2023 but astonishingly still her WP case is pending before IRCC after lapse of almost 11 months.

xander78

Nov 17, 2023
Dear both are different applications… PR is main application while Work permit under SUV as essential partner is supplimentary application made before IRCC. The timeline of 37 months approx given at IRCC website is meant for main case of PR while WP application takes 2-4 months approx. We also applied in June-July 2023 under SUV stream by 05 of our team members and one of my team mate who is also essential partner, had applied for her WP in June 2023 but astonishingly still her WP case is pending before IRCC after lapse of almost 11 months.
11-month is too long, did you get AOR yet? Did IRCC request progress report for the long wait?

Reactions: Fayyaz Khan 007
May 7, 2024
11-month is too long, did you get AOR yet? Did IRCC request progress report for the long wait?
After applying for my PR under SUV on 06/07/2023 as non-essential partner, I received AOR in a couple of, did my biomatrics and medical in Nov 2023, my first and 2nd ADR in January 2024 and February 2024, got my PAL on 29 March 2024, and now waiting for my PPR

Reactions: xander78