+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is the procedure to get educational credentials assessed through WES Canada?

Pushpita28

Dec 14, 2017
I have my Bachelor's degree from University of Dhaka and Masters Degree from Brac University. What steps should I follow at these universities to send my certificates to WES? Do anyone know what the guidelines are to make the applications at these universities?

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
I have my Bachelor's degree from University of Dhaka and Masters Degree from Brac University. What steps should I follow at these universities to send my certificates to WES? Do anyone know what the guidelines are to make the applications at these universities?
Step one: Create WES account in Canadian website. (by default it is USA version, just select Canada)
1. Select ECA for IRCC
2. Fill up all your personal and educational details.
3. You will see WES asking for secondary education details, Just ignore it. You do not need 10th and 12th grade.
4. You should include all of your higher study credentials, such as bachelors degree, masters degree, post graduate diploma, PhD etc.
5. For Express Entry you will only claim points for your highest education, however sometimes WES ask to see Bachelor degree as well to evaluate the Masters degree. Its better if you include them all as there is not extra cost.
6. You will be diverted to the payment page at last, then you will see three options, a) paying by credit card, b) paying by bank draft, c) paying by western union. If you are not ready to pay at that time you always can save and exit. I have selected western union option and it immediately got application submitted and got the reference number. I used that reference number to send my documents and paid the fees week later not by western union but with credit card. Everything was good.
7. Pay the fees using a credit card that allows USD transaction, it will be $322.05 CAD which is around $263 USD.
8. Once you make the payment you will be given a reference number. Make sure you write this reference number on top of all the envelope you send to WES.

Step Two: You need to send Certificates and Transcripts/Mark sheets. You will see list of all the "Required Documents" in your WES account.
1. You need to send Clear and Legit copies of all the certificates (i. e bachelors, masters, phd etc.) together in one envelope to WES address. You will see the address in your WES account. You must write the reference number on top of the delivery address. Use a courier service which would deliver it in 3-4 days. Do not send originals, send color copies. WES will not return any documents.
you don't need the get attestation for your certificates, just do color photocopies and send them together with the reference number.
2. Download and fill up "Academic Records Request Form" from WES account. You will find it in "View Required Documents" option. You need to fill one form for every credential, means one for your bachelor and one for your masters.
3. Take the form along with the copies of related transcript to the Universities. I don't know about University of Dhaka or Brac University but the procedures should be same at all universities. They will fill up rest of the academic records request form and attest your transcript copy. They may charge a fee for that. They will put the transcript inside a envelope and seal it. Then the controller of examination will sign across the back flap of the envelope and put a stamp as well. If the envelope is opened or if there is no stamp or signature across the back flap, WES cannot accept the document.
4. You need to post the bachelors and masters transcript envelope separately. Use courier service and make sure you write the reference number on top of the delivery address.

Step Three: Sit tight and wait for your evaluation report. It should be done within a month after you send all the documents.

Don't worry, you can do all by yourself. Read all the information given in WES website. Just go to your university with Academic Records Request Form and copy of your Transcript, you will be fine. Nowadays almost every University knows the WES procedures.
Hope it helps, Good Luck!

Reactions: Pushpita28

Ahm3dK

Sep 5, 2015
Hello ,
Need help with WES assessment .
I have got my BS assessed through WES,but now need to get my MBA assessed.
Do I need to send all documents(BS,secondary/high school certificates) again or just the MBA degree and transcript attested copies.

PS:I'm from Pakistan.

Thanks

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hello ,
Need help with WES assessment .
I have got my BS assessed through WES,but now need to get my MBA assessed.
Do I need to send all documents(BS,secondary/high school certificates) again or just the MBA degree and transcript attested copies.

PS:I'm from Pakistan.

Thanks
Have a look at the FAQ in WES website.
How can I add another credential to my application?

If your evaluation has been completed:
You can add an additional credential by clicking "Update Report" in My Account.

If your evaluation is in progress:
Submit your request to customer service.
  • Under "Question Category", select "Other"
  • Under "Your Question", provide the following information:
    • Country of Education
    • Credential Name
    • Name of Institution
    • Years of Attendance
    • Year Awarded

source: https://www.wes.org/ca/help#/path/Applying-to-WES/952858731/How-can-I-add-another-credential-to-my-application.htm

You don't need to send earlier credentials. You only need to send your MBA certificate and attested transcript from University in a sealed envelope. But you have to pay fees for adding MBA.

Hope it helps, Good Luck!

Reactions: Ahm3dK