+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what is the last day for applying visa for may intake

Mar 15, 2014
I got my acceptency letter on 6th march 2014 and immediately after getting letter of acceptance I applied for GIC account to Scotia bank after 7 days I.e; on 13 th march they gave reply that ur application is rejected.on the same day I resubmitted my application still I didn't get any reply .can u plz help me is this time sufficient for applying visa.
How money days will it take to give GIC certificate after transering money.
Plz guide me.

lovedeepsingh

Oct 15, 2013
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
IELTS Request
25-12-2013
Med's Done....
30-1-2014
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2014
LANDED..........
2 Aug 2014
i think you are late to apply for visa.

soodyassh

Star Member
Jan 27, 2014
vamsi annabathina said:
I got my acceptency letter on 6th march 2014 and immediately after getting letter of acceptance I applied for GIC account to Scotia bank after 7 days I.e; on 13 th march they gave reply that ur application is rejected.on the same day I resubmitted my application still I didn't get any reply .can u plz help me is this time sufficient for applying visa.
How money days will it take to give GIC certificate after transering money.
Plz guide me.
my dear friend still u dont need to worry about the filing of ur visa to embassy. try your best to file by last week of march. so that u get a response frm embassy in appropriate time..
just talk to ur agent frm whom u send GIC payment. he will definately let u know about the issue.
there must be some prob. while tranfering. amt.check it.

Dr.Patel

Apr 23, 2013
it is strongly recommended that you submit your application one month prior your course starts. So it is better that you submit your application by 31st March. However, you can apply after 31st March. I have seen people getting visa though they have submitted application less than one month remaining. So, don't worry. Be thorough with your documents. You can write a strong SOP while you wait for your GIC details. Believe me, it takes days to write a strong SOP.
Best of Luck.

manpreet27

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
GIC usually comes in 5 to 7 working days ,i received in 5 days , u will definetely get it by next week

Good Luck.

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dr.Patel said:
it is strongly recommended that you submit your application one month prior your course starts.
WRONG!

It is strongly recommended to apply for your study permit as soon as possible after you have been accepted. If you apply as late as a month before your start, you could miss your course start if you don't get your permit in time.

Dr.Patel

Apr 23, 2013
It is strongly recommended to apply for your study permit as soon as possible after you have been accepted.

[/quote]

WRONG DEAR!!

How can you expect that every documents will be ready when one gets offer letter? even GIC account cannot be opened before you get offer letter. Do you want to put pressure on someone to submit his/her application without all the required documents are ready and properly checked?

Believe me, a minor mistake in your document can result in application rejection. Be thorough with your documents, especially SOP and application forms. take time you need for that. No need to rush in hurry.

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dr.Patel said:
WRONG DEAR!!

How can you expect that every documents will be ready when one gets offer letter? even GIC account cannot be opened before you get offer letter. Do you want to put pressure on someone to submit his/her application without all the required documents are ready and properly checked?

Believe me, a minor mistake in your document can result in application rejection. Be thorough with your documents, especially SOP and application forms. take time you need for that. No need to rush in hurry.
That's all down to planning. Plan ahead and have everything lined up for when you receive your offer letter. Write the SOP while you wait for acceptance from college. Get the funds sorted out, get your pdf's of your bank statements ready. And so on. Once you're acceptance letter comes through you will be well prepared to do the rest and get your visa application in asap. Waiting until a month before semester starts is just plain stupid. The sooner you get your permit, the better for you. You can then start booking flights. As everyone, knows, the later you wait with booking the more expensive they get. Booking before you get your permit is royally stupid (unless you buy expensive full flex fare that are fully refundable).

If you wait until last minute to have everything sorted out for your application, you are setting yourself up for incidents that could delay your permit process. Like last year's strike.

So, I maintain that you are wrong when you advice students to apply for permit a month before semester starts. It's a very irresponsible advice. I truly hope no-one takes your advice as a serious one.

Dr.Patel

Apr 23, 2013
itstime said:
That's all down to planning. Plan ahead and have everything lined up for when you receive your offer letter. Write the SOP while you wait for acceptance from college. Get the funds sorted out, get your pdf's of your bank statements ready. And so on. Once you're acceptance letter comes through you will be well prepared to do the rest and get your visa application in asap. Waiting until a month before semester starts is just plain stupid. The sooner you get your permit, the better for you. You can then start booking flights. As everyone, knows, the later you wait with booking the more expensive they get. Booking before you get your permit is royally stupid (unless you buy expensive full flex fare that are fully refundable).

If you wait until last minute to have everything sorted out for your application, you are setting yourself up for incidents that could delay your permit process. Like last year's strike.

So, I maintain that you are wrong when you advice students to apply for permit a month before semester starts. It's a very irresponsible advice. I truly hope no-one takes your advice as a serious one.
You are taking it in wrong way dear! Did I ever tell to wait till the last day to submit application?
It is about how much late you can apply for visa, not how much early you should apply. I was just answering the question posted here.
And I was wondering if you got your GIC certificate before you got your LoA. or do you know what the F**C GIC is?
Thanks For correcting me... If I was ever wrong. :p ;D ;)

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dr.Patel said:
You are taking it in wrong way dear! Did I ever tell to wait till the last day to submit application?
It is about how much late you can apply for visa, not how much early you should apply. I was just answering the question posted here.
And I was wondering if you got your GIC certificate before you got your LoA. or do you know what the F**C GIC is?
Thanks For correcting me... If I was ever wrong. :p ;D ;)
Well, there you go, let me correct you here and please do read my signature below my answer to fully understand what I mean.

You assume I needed a GIC. You assume incorrectly.

As far as I am concerned, 1 month before start of semester IS last minute.

Had you given me that advice when I applied and had I followed it, I would more than likely not be in Canada studying. My permit process took 3 weeks. If I had applied 1 month ahead of semester start it would have given me 1 week before my semester started. That "my dear" (and I use the term loosely) would not have been anywhere near anough time to pack my apartment, cancel my lease, arrange flight, sell what I wouldn't ship, etc etc etc.

You assume that everyone on here are from india. There are people on here this forum from countries where the average processing time for a study permit is 15 weeks. I have never heard of a month having 15 weeks. Have you? there are countries where the average time is 19 weeks, as it stands right now.

Processing times for study permits can be found here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp/students.asp

So, yes, you ARE wrong when you give people the advice to apply 1 month before the start of the semester. In my LOA package it even said it was STRONGLY ADVISED to apply for permit as soon as possible after receiving the LOA. I had my LOA in January and I waited until July before I applied, which gave me a very short time to get it sorted in time.

Get your ducks lined up so you can jump to action as soon as your LOA arrives, should you get a LOA. Not everybody does, but at least you were prepared.

afrosa

Star Member
Mar 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02/04/2014
Dr.Patel said:
It is strongly recommended to apply for your study permit as soon as possible after you have been accepted.

WRONG DEAR!!

Totally agree. I've been waiting for weeks (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) in order to have sufficient funds in my bank account!!!