01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
d_dayal said:
Ok, instead of agriculture and ski resort jobs. Lets take my case which is a research position in a University. In my case, the end date is mentioned because there is no guarantee if my research project would go beyond the mentioned date. Kind of sounds non-permanent eh!

So, even in your cases there may be a reason for your employer to mention the end date which makes you temporary.

Any experts around to comment on this?
Term-limited contract employment is not considered permanent employment (I know, I have the same). However...

When building your profile, under "intended work in Canada," there are TWO questions -

Information about the job offer
1. Is this job offer for full-time non-seasonal and permanent work?
2. Is this job offer for full-time continuous work and at least one year?

You would have to answer no to Q1 but could answer yes to Q2. It remains to be seen what CIC will do with us contract folks who answer yes to Q2.

At one time, I was exploring the PNP program for Ontario, which also had a "permanent" employment requirement. We contacted them, explained the situation (annual renewable contracts at a university), and they said to apply, it would be considered on a case-by-case basis. The employer's application was approved... (I ended up qualifying through CEC, tho).

So - under the current definition of "arranged employment" requiring an offer of permanent, full time work, contract work wouldn't qualify, but this question suggests that there may be some leeway for CIC ...