+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what is permanent work ?

Apr 23, 2012
Hi,

In the EE profile there is a questions that says " Is the job offer for full time , non seasonal and permanent work ". Here what do they mean by permanent work ?

I am.currently working in Canada with a positive LMIA. My job is full time and non seasonal but it has an anticipated end date.

what should be my answer to the above mentioned question "YES" or "NO"

Thank you so much for taking the time

mazamilam

Jan 26, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11/05/2015
Doc's Request.
23/07/2015
AOR Received.
11/05/2015
IELTS Request
Done 8.5
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
06-04-2015
Passport Req..
24/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
04/08/2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2012
Re: permanent job offer

What the end date?

mazamilam

Jan 26, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11/05/2015
Doc's Request.
23/07/2015
AOR Received.
11/05/2015
IELTS Request
Done 8.5
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
06-04-2015
Passport Req..
24/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
04/08/2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2012
Does your work permit expire at the same time as well?

d_dayal

Jan 2, 2015
You Should say "NO". Because your job is not permanent and it is going to end on the mentioned date.

Apr 23, 2012
@ Mazamilam , no I have my work permit till the end of July 2015 .

@ d_dayal are you sure ? Because it doesn't say end date but an "anticipated end date " . it also says that thee is a possibility of an extension.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
sureshpadmaraj said:
@ Mazamilam , no I have my work permit till the end of July 2015 .

@ d_dayal are you sure ? Because it doesn't say end date but an "anticipated end date " . it also says that thee is a possibility of an extension.
A permanent job offer should not have any end date. You can't claim your position is indefinite when your contract is due in a certain date. Possibility of extension also means possibility that your boss won't extend it.

d_dayal

Jan 2, 2015
@suresh Pretty sure. I am also in the same situation as yours. My work permit expires in the end of Jan 2017. The anticipated end date of my offer is in the end of Dec 2016. My employer is willing to apply a LMIA for me as they have advertised my position for more than a year but since it is a contract I won't get the 600 points even if I get a positive LMIA.

So either ask your employer to make your job permanent and apply a LMIA for you or find a new permanent job and explore the scopes of PNP/LMIA.

You can also wait and see if the scores are going to come down for few months before you take any decision.

jsridhar

Dec 22, 2014
I am in the same situation. But I am confused because my lawyer wants me to say yes too. The way she sees it, they have not asked for a permanent job offer. They have asked if my work is full-time, non-seasonal and permanent.
For eg: People who work in whistler during winter are part-time, seasonal workers who have temporary work in Canada. Canada doesn't need them all year round. So they don't qualify for PR.

Apr 23, 2012
@jsridhar exactly what my consultant said too , the nature of work is permanent unlike agriculture etc !!

@dayal where in the CIC documentation is it mentioned that permanent job is the one without an end date . I tried my best to search for an explanation but couldn't find it . Would any of you know if CIC has explained the term " permanent work "

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
My offer letter says 'regular' instead of permanent. When contacted, HR told regular is as good as permanent.
What do you guys think?

d_dayal

Jan 2, 2015
Hey Guys,

I saw the definition of a permanent offer in my Province's PR Nomination guide. Here is link: welcomenb.ca/content/dam/gnb/Departments/petl-epft/PDF/PopGrowth/GuideSWApplicantsEmployerSupport.pdf

Check the eligibility criteria in the above document. There they have mentioned clearly that a permanent offer should not have a end end.

Please correct me, if I am wrong. I am almost on the verge of quitting my current job which is going well just to find a permanent job to help my PR application.

If you guys are right that's really a good news for me as well.

Apr 23, 2012
@dayal , thank you for linking the document . it clairified it a little more for me . this is how in understand it . in the PNP form it clearly states that you should be a full time , permanent employee and the definition for that is " your job will not have a pre deteemined end date "

But in the EE form it asks " is your job offer for full time , non seasonal and permanent WORK " . as I understand it means , certain work like lets say you get a job offer for some "snow" work in a ski resort or a mountain . The work will have a pre determined end date , as soon as winter is over the work itself is over irrespective of your job offer .

That is why this question is tricky . I am not too sure either but this is what I infer.

jsridhar

Dec 22, 2014
If my lawyer is wrong and the question interprets as permanent job offer....Does that mean no one without a permanent job offer can get PR in the Express entry system despite of having an LMIA?

because if I say NO to the permanent work and then give my LMIA number, I still lose 600 points. My total comes to 414.

d_dayal

Jan 2, 2015
Ok, instead of agriculture and ski resort jobs. Lets take my case which is a research position in a University. In my case, the end date is mentioned because there is no guarantee if my research project would go beyond the mentioned date. Kind of sounds non-permanent eh!

So, even in your cases there may be a reason for your employer to mention the end date which makes you temporary.

Any experts around to comment on this?