+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is contained in the GCMS case notes?

tanigawa

Jul 2, 2015
I have an annoying situation: the visa office processing my application requested a Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ) because I'm sponsoring my wife from QC. The request was originally made in November, I applied for and received the CSQ by mid-December, but unfortunately I did not realize that I had to send a paper copy until last month. Lo and behold, the courier may have lost the CSQ on its way to the visa office. The tracking information never showed a signature or delivery, and their investigator simply said "it was delivered without any signature" but could not provide any proof. I am sending another copy of the CSQ via a different courier service.

In the meantime, I have ordered the GCMS case notes on this file, hoping that it will show conclusively whether or not the visa office has received the CSQ. Does anyone have any similar experience? Do the GCMS case notes show this level of detail with presence/absence of individual documents?

I am quite worried because without the CSQ, it sounds like the application will be delayed indefinitely.

Masriixo

Jul 5, 2015
App. Filed.......
April 15th, 2015
LANDED..........
June 20th, 2017
tanigawa said:
I have an annoying situation: the visa office processing my application requested a Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ) because I'm sponsoring my wife from QC. The request was originally made in November, I applied for and received the CSQ by mid-December, but unfortunately I did not realize that I had to send a paper copy until last month. Lo and behold, the courier may have lost the CSQ on its way to the visa office. The tracking information never showed a signature or delivery, and their investigator simply said "it was delivered without any signature" but could not provide any proof. I am sending another copy of the CSQ via a different courier service.

In the meantime, I have ordered the GCMS case notes on this file, hoping that it will show conclusively whether or not the visa office has received the CSQ. Does anyone have any similar experience? Do the GCMS case notes show this level of detail with presence/absence of individual documents?

I am quite worried because without the CSQ, it sounds like the application will be delayed indefinitely.
At the very last page of your GCSM notes is a page for correspondence. That includes emails letters and I'm guessing additional documents recieved. The only shitty thing about notes is you never know when the last time they updated it was.

Let's say you order notes on January 1st. Within the first week someone will download you're notes and then wait until March 2nd (pretty much let your file sit in limbo for 3 weeks) and then send it to you. So if they updated it anytime after that you're gonna have to ask request newer notes.

I'm not 100% sure of this notes limbo thing but I've read it somewhere here on the forum.

I think you can also ask your MP to make a specific inquiry about if it was recieved or not. I know other members have done this.

Goodluck :)

SBHA14

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 October 2014
AOR Received.
15 January 2015
Med's Request
re medical request 15 March 2016
Med's Done....
Upfront (Oct 2014)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sep 26, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully sooner
LANDED..........
Hopefully sooner
tanigawa said:

Hi, I am also sponsoring my wife and my file is in visa office for almost 12 months now. I did not know that we need to send the paper copy of CSQ to the visa office. Where do you find that? Do you have a link?

tanigawa

Jul 2, 2015
SBHA14 said:
Hi, I am also sponsoring my wife and my file is in visa office for almost 12 months now. I did not know that we need to send the paper copy of CSQ to the visa office. Where do you find that? Do you have a link?
I believe that it depends on the individual visa office. In my case, I scanned and emailed a copy of the CSQ and received an email reply a few days later saying "we acknowledge receipt of your CSQ. Please be advised that the scanned copy of your CSQ will suffice. " However, a few weeks after that I got another email from the visa office, again requesting the CSQ with a note at the bottom saying, in part, "Unless we have specified otherwise, please send only original documents" and elsewhere in the email "Documents requested in its original form, e.g. police certificates, must be submitted to thru either of the following options:" followed by a mailing address.

I figured that the electronic copy of the CSQ vaporized into the digital ether, and that paper copies carry more weight, so that's why I sent it by courier. And then the courier lost it, which is what prompted my original post. I hope this helps...