Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
4th july 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 19th july 2013
LANDED..........
Landing on 12 th Sep 2013
Dear sir , I never got response from you ,reason -dnt know .. again asking you - would you mind giving me some suggestion after reading the following please if u hav time?.
I got no response for a long time for VO so i decided to withdraw my application and sent a request but VO replied me as follows

...We would encourage to you keep with your current application if you are still wanting to immigrate to Canada....

then again i sent another email asking if its so, how long should i wait ? got the following response.

.....Additional review of your application has been completed, and it has been determined that additional screening is required. Your application remains on hold until the results of this screening is completed by our partner organisations. We regret a more precise processing time cannot be advised at this time. We will be in contact with you as soon as the application is ready to proceed...

Thanks

Badal789

Nov 29, 2011
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2006
IELTS Request
30-11-2009
qorax said:
All about BF'D :
-Only for some of us who didn't know...

BF'D is an acronym for "Bring Forward Date" in the Canadian PR processing system. Usually our file moves from BF'D to BF'D, as it is the day/date next earmarked by our VO to check our file. This actually serves to eliminate unnecessary clogging of the system... that if there is nothing further to add in a particular file, the VO moves to another case file to work on, rather than holding onto the same one.

What happens on a BF'D
In simple terms it is the date that the file will be looked at [again], assessed, reviewed by your case handling officer at the CHC. S/he will check if anything is lacking, any further queries to be made [to you], any documents to be asked or if any decisive action is to be made/taken. Basically it serves as a 'Reminder Tool' to the case processing officer & that your file is not 'forgotten'.

Now, if the VO observes that something is lacking [that which was asked for], s/he will probably attempt to contact you on this BF'D day and mark another BF'D on your file. This depends on the subject of check [the all time phrase 'Case-to-Case' basis]. Sometimes, if the check report warrants, the VO might not give you another opportunity and take a decisive action. Note: The situation is fluid & no one can really provide a sanguine comment on it.

Will the file be 'only' looked at a BF'D
No. If something like reports, results, documents etc. [eg. background/security checks] comes to the CHC in between, your file gets opened and assessed. However, if nothing is received in between, you get another BF'D. Note once again: If they are waiting for something and it comes as expected then the file continues to be processed further, if not then the file will be next reviewed on the BFD 'only'.

An Example
Every time we get a letter/email from the CHC -it carries a 'time limit' to submit something, right? Say 45 days, 60 days or 90 days... the ending day of that time limit is our next BF'D. As an example, if the CHC sent you a medical request [alongwith the forms] on 02 Jan 2010; and it carries a 60 day's deadline -it means your file has been marked with the next BF'D of 01 Mar 2010.

However, if your medical results are received before the BF'D [01 Mar 2010], say on 05 Feb 2010 -your file will be further processed on that day itself [05 Feb 2010]. If the med results didn't come by earlier, then it will be opened on 01 Mar 2010 -the BF'D day.

How many BF'Ds we get
Some BF'Ds are 'routine', as exampled above. Then there are some which is either case generated or because of us. By 'case generated' I mean, [eg.] if one's Security Report is pending from an external agency -the VO gives a BF'D & waits. If the report comes in time, action is taken. If it doesn't, one gets another BF'D. And the situation continues...

By 'because of us'* I mean if the VO had asked us for a document [or a couple of them]. It is wise that we proceed to submit the document/s asap. Reason? The case moves faster [read: it'll open before the BF'D]. If we don't, s/he may try to contact us on the BF'D day & log another BF'D on our file [result: Delay/s].

Delays due to BF'Ds
As stated above, except the 'routine' ones, other BF'Ds do delay our process. At the least [best scenario] each BF'D would be a month apart. Some might be more. The ideal action on our part is to submit anything that has been asked for asap. That would negate a BF'D. However, there can be times that something we just might not be able to send asap. In that case we 'must' send it by the 'deadline' -that'd avoid another BF'D, won't it?

*Many Consultants [so called agents] erroneously advise us otherwise. Stating, "Oh you got the meds, don't worry you have time till 60 days to do it". That's a 'bull'. I'd advise -do it asap, if the speed of your case process matters to you.

This post I chose to write 'coz many members are either clueless about the BF'D issue or take it lightly. Which, albeit causes delays [without our actual intention]. Moreover, there are repeated queries on the subject in various threads. I hope this helped...
Qorax
Dear Capt.
Appreciate your answers to my below questions:

1. In my CAIPS note ``file bf`d to 14 March 2014`` - so will then open my file to be assessed on that date?
2. Last year I applied for Canadian visit visa, obtained visa with validity until 14 Mar 2014 - is there any relation between these two dates?

Thanks.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Kunwar11 said:
Dear sir , I never got response from you ,reason -dnt know .. again asking you - would you mind giving me some suggestion after reading the following please if u hav time?.
I got no response for a long time for VO so i decided to withdraw my application and sent a request but VO replied me as follows

...We would encourage to you keep with your current application if you are still wanting to immigrate to Canada....

then again i sent another email asking if its so, how long should i wait ? got the following response.

.....Additional review of your application has been completed, and it has been determined that additional screening is required. Your application remains on hold until the results of this screening is completed by our partner organisations. We regret a more precise processing time cannot be advised at this time. We will be in contact with you as soon as the application is ready to proceed...

Thanks
Ur IO opined correctly, since the new regulations bring-in many changes & wherein u might not be 'eligible' again, it might thus be unwise to w/draw ur existing apps. 2010 cases come out of the 'queue' this yr - and their processing recommences with full gusto... u might just make it before the yr ends.

Good luck.
Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Badal789 said:
Dear Capt.
Appreciate your answers to my below questions:

1. In my CAIPS note ``file bf`d to 14 March 2014`` - so will then open my file to be assessed on that date?
2. Last year I applied for Canadian visit visa, obtained visa with validity until 14 Mar 2014 - is there any relation between these two dates?

Thanks.
1. That's just a 'deadline date' - to complete ur process before... u'd get a couple of BFDs in between as well.
2. IMHO, could be just a coincidence.

ladhar25

Sep 6, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3 Nov 2011
VISA ISSUED...
August 2012
LANDED..........
12 Nov 2012
Hi Qorax i send u PM please reply.

kontara

Star Member
Sep 11, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
april 28 2016
AOR Received.
23-6-2016
File Transfer...
01-07-2016

nadnad

Aug 7, 2012
Dear Qorax
Yesterday(24 – 9 – 2012) I I have received my CAIPS report. My application received to CIC office on Jan 2010. Do you have any idea about the situation of my file. From the codes I understand that I passed Security check and medicals are in satisfactory condition while I can see no decision on them. I tried to read your brilliant posts on the subject that have given me very good information. At the present time I need your help to interpret the situation for me.
I appreciate your usual care to help others.
Regards
PAPER FILE SENT TO PA FILE BF’D TO: ON 15 -9 2012
WC status: ** WC TYPE: ** DECISION REASON:**
PSDEC:1
BDEC:0
OREQ:0
SELDEC:1
MEDDEC:0
FINDEC:0
STATUS SEC CRIM: 1
MEDICAL STAGE:M01
MEDICAL VALIDITY:31-12-2012

jay_ind

Sep 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
don't know when
:)
qorax said:
Probably your file is yet under B/ground checks. In some cases it does take a little extra time. But rest assured by 5-6 months max u should complete this stage. It is just 3.5 months now... could be as I write -your med request might just be on it's way. If not some additional docs might be asked.

All the best !
Qorax

jay_ind

Sep 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
don't know when
:)
qorax said:
If on a BF'D the VO observes something & needs your clarification -only then s/he might contact u. Else, the process would continue as prevailing. And u might not be contacted until & unless a stage is completed... say the meds r requested [if b/g check is over] or the PPR is sent [if the security check is over].

QORAX

K

K_S

nadnad said:
Dear Qorax
Yesterday(24 – 9 – 2012) I I have received my CAIPS report. My application received to CIC office on Jan 2010. Do you have any idea about the situation of my file. From the codes I understand that I passed Security check and medicals are in satisfactory condition while I can see no decision on them. I tried to read your brilliant posts on the subject that have given me very good information. At the present time I need your help to interpret the situation for me.
I appreciate your usual care to help others.
Regards
PAPER FILE SENT TO PA FILE BF'D TO: ON 15 -9 2012
WC status: ** WC TYPE: ** DECISION REASON:**
PSDEC:1
BDEC:0
OREQ:0
SELDEC:1
MEDDEC:0
FINDEC:0
STATUS SEC CRIM: 1
MEDICAL STAGE:M01
MEDICAL VALIDITY:31-12-2012
Hi....
did they ask from u PCC alongwith ur MEDS?

ram84

Jan 12, 2012
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 jan 2010
Doc's Request.
20 mar 2010