+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is a co signer for common law partner

jjphowlett

Mar 15, 2016
Hi, me and my common law partner are applying for a PR through the skilled worker EE program. We have received the ITA and in the checklist the principal applicant is required to provide a IMM 5409 Statutory Declaration of Common Law Union.

Some people in the forum are saying that this form is not needed if you don’t have a co-signer. Can anyone explain what is a co-signer and if this situation applies to us?

Many thanks

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
jjphowlett said:
Hi, me and my common law partner are applying for a PR through the skilled worker EE program. We have received the ITA and in the checklist the principal applicant is required to provide a IMM 5409 Statutory Declaration of Common Law Union.

Some people in the forum are saying that this form is not needed if you don’t have a co-signer. Can anyone explain what is a co-signer and if this situation applies to us?

Many thanks
Please fill the form as it appears on the document checklist and ignore those who say it is not needed. If the review office does not need it, they will set it aside but if they need it and do not find it among your documents, your application may be returned to you.

jjphowlett

Mar 15, 2016
Thanks so much for replying. I will fill it out but im not sure about some of the terminology. Im confused about what the following terms actually mean:

Who is the declaration? (is it the principle applicant?)
who is the co - signer?

Thanks