+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What if spouse's PR application is in process from outside Canada and gets PPR when visiting Canada?

Dec 4, 2018
Hello All,

Seeking help regarding the below queries.

I'm planning to sponsor my husband for PR and he resides in India currently. He already has a visitor visa and plans to visit me soon in Canada.

a. If his PR application is in process, is he allowed to visit me in Canada?
b. In case he is allowed and when he is on visitor visa, what if he gets PPR to submit passport in India?

If anyone has any leads, please help!

Dec 4, 2018
Thankyou for the prompt response! :)

What is the process to follow in order to submit passport at Ottawa? Should we send an email to VFS India that we won't be able to submit it there and include that email response while sending passport to Ottawa?

Ahmed15

Jul 7, 2015
Canada

What is the process to follow in order to submit passport at Ottawa? Should we send an email to VFS India that we won't be able to submit it there and include that email response while sending passport to Ottawa?
First you will have to apply for Spousal application, right? :)

Dec 4, 2018
Only if we get the clarity regarding these, we will start our application when he is in India. Otherwise we would look at other options of where he should apply from.

Also, what about medicals and PCC after coming here?
-- PCC can be obtained from Indian Consulate?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

The PPR will give the option to send to Ottawa. You don't need to communicate that to the VO in India.

Medical can be done anywhere. Don't know about Indian PCC.

Ahmed15

Jul 7, 2015
Canada
Only if we get the clarity regarding these, we will start our application when he is in India. Otherwise we would look at other options of where he should apply from.

Also, what about medicals and PCC after coming here?
-- PCC can be obtained from Indian Consulate?
Your husband can do his medical in Canada too. and about PCC, he can get one before coming to Canada and then if cic requests again (which is highly unlikely based on NDVO or CPC Mississauga fast process time i.e. if your application passes the 12 month mark), PCC can be issued in absence of applicant too. Hope it helps!