+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What if returning to canada with Hong Kong Passport?

iodinedr012

May 21, 2014
I have lanaded as a permanent resident in May. It has been 12 weeks after my landing with my mom and I haven't received my PR Card yet. However, my mom's PR card has arrived.
Now I am traveling back to Canada from Hong Kong in Aug 18. I do not have enough time to apply for Travel Document for permanent resident because it will takes 2 to 4 weeks.
Wondering if I return to Canada if my landing paper only?
Does anyone know the consequence of returning Canada without the PR card or Travel Document?
I couldn't find anything in website. Except "Permanent Resident is required to have PR card or Travel Document when he/she return to Canada."

Thanks,

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When you check in at the Chep Lap Kok airport, just show your HKSAR passport. Your landing papers will not be valid for traveling on commercial vehicle. However, after you landed at YVR airport, line up at the "visitor " lane and show your stamped COPR to the officer you meet. They will check your status and let you to collect your baggage.

After reading your previous post, I assume you wrote the post on the behalf of your son?

iodinedr012

May 21, 2014
steaky said:
When you check in at the Chep Lap Kok airport, just show your HKSAR passport. Your landing papers will not be valid for traveling on commercial vehicle. However, after you landed at YVR airport, line up at the "visitor " lane and show your stamped COPR to the officer you meet. They will check your status and let you to collect your baggage.

After reading your previous post, I assume you wrote the post on the behalf of your son?
Thanks for the answer. Yes. I am asking on behave of my son. Sorry for the confusion. I thought I would be easier to be understand if I wrote up the question from first person point of view.
So, Can I assume my son will not be in trouble as long as he present the landing paper and the passport that he used when he landed?