+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What if Open work permit gets rejected???

Inthemidst

Nov 6, 2013
App. Filed.......
Dec 12 2015
Doc's Request.
Jan 4th
AOR Received.
Dec 12th
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
waiting
I completed my studies in 06/2014 and got my PGWP for another one year . Now i am trying to apply for an Open work permit for my wife who is currently working in Canada . We had applied together and mine got approved and her application is pending as they had asked me to submit my offer letter (skilled Job ) which I uploaded just before the cut off date given by CIC .

We are in Manitoba and i have got an offer letter from Alberta . Will that be a reason for her application to be rejected ? and how can i apply for an extension of the work permit after 1 year ? Do i need an LMO for that ?

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
yes you will need an LMO now called LMIA to extend your work permit once expired,there is no exemption for holders of pgwp.
i don't understand why you have a job offer in alberta if you live and work in manitoba?
provide more info and be clear if you want a true advice.

Inthemidst

Nov 6, 2013
App. Filed.......
Dec 12 2015
Doc's Request.
Jan 4th
AOR Received.
Dec 12th
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
waiting
i completed my studies in Manitoba and its not me who is who is currently employed in Manitoba , its my wife .

imakhi

Oct 28, 2014
Hi Inthemidst ,

I saw your situation which is same as mine. I have a OPW and permanent job. Now my wife applied for PGWP and I need to renew my OPW.

Could you please tell me what is your current situation? Did your wife get her OWP extended.

Please suggest me some pointers on how to go about. Waiting for your valuable information.
:)

Inthemidst

Nov 6, 2013
App. Filed.......
Dec 12 2015
Doc's Request.
Jan 4th
AOR Received.
Dec 12th
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
waiting
imakhi said:
Hi Inthemidst ,

I saw your situation which is same as mine. I have a OPW and permanent job. Now my wife applied for PGWP and I need to renew my OPW.

Could you please tell me what is your current situation? Did your wife get her OWP extended.

Please suggest me some pointers on how to go about. Waiting for your valuable information.
:)

Sorry for the late reply ...

Yes she received OWP ... n we have moved to alberta now .. so tht we can try for PNP from here !!!. we are workin on it

imakhi

Oct 28, 2014
Inthemidst said:
Sorry for the late reply ...

Yes she received OWP ... n we have moved to alberta now .. so tht we can try for PNP from here !!!. we are workin on it
Not a problem and congrats for extension.

I applied for OPW extension on Nov13th till today I dint get any update from CIC yet. Could you please let me know how many days it took for getting the approval from CIC? So your wife applied for OPW after you getting the job under NOC 0,A,B or else just based on PGWP?

Waiting for your reply , as I am in very critical position.