+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What Iam Allowed to do while waiting, any suggestions

SSSK

Dec 29, 2008
I have PR inland under the family class for one year ago,and I have to wait more than one year, my status now is visitor in canada, as my visa instructions Iam not allowed to work or study or..

my quastions are for example if i wanna apply for drivining licence can I do that or Iam not allowed?

and what any thing else can do while waiting period?

thanks

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
You can definitely apply for a drivers' licence, and you can do volunteer work - as long as your volunteering doesn't take a paying position away from a Canadian citizen/PR.

Being prohibited from work or study means just that - your current visa does not authorize you to attend school, or work in Canada. You would need to apply for a separate permit. With an inland PR ap in process, though, you will be offered the option to apply for either a work or a study permit as soon as your processing gets to first stage approval. Normally you'd have received AIP (or first stage approval) about 6 months after your application went to Vegreville, but you're saying it's been a year? Did you application get transferred, maybe, to a local CIC office for processing? That sometimes happens before AIP and delays your ability to get a work permit.

SSSK

Dec 29, 2008
Thanks for your good reply, about my app it has been transfered to local cic since oct.2008, and they told me that they need more one year to finilize the first stage approval.

Really sometimes i dont understand any thing, they say on the web site that the first stage is meaning ( sponsorship Avaulation) and the second step is ( Adimmisbility checks) for the applicant, but when i check oline about our profiles, they said we start processing your application on May.2008 for PR, and they say about the sponsorship application we transfered your application to local cic and we started proccesing the sponsorship application on Oct.2008.

Does this mean that they finish processing my application for PR, and now they started processing my wife application for the sponsorship, Does that mean when they will call us for an interview it is means the final process for the PR.

your kind help apperciated.

Thanks

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
It's really hard to know with inland applications - especially when they're transferred to the local office. Inland processing is not nearly as "transparent" as outland processing. Do you know what complication caused your file to be transferred before AIP?

SSSK

Dec 29, 2008
Thank you

But really i dont know why my file has been transfered, my status is okay, all the applications okay, our relation is good, Immigration they told me they transferd it because they need more clarrfication and more informtion, a lawyer he told me may the immigration not sure about the relation is genuine.

siki

Dec 16, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/2010
AOR Received.
12/2014
File Transfer...
02/2015
Med's Request