+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What happens if I decide to do just one program instead of two

Jan 22, 2024
Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding my study permit. I originally had a study permit valid from September 2023 to November 2025, as I planned to pursue two programs (I have the LOA for both programs) However, circumstances have changed, and I've recently completed the first program.

Unfortunately, my dog fell ill a month ago, and I had to cover nearly $17k in hospitalization, tests, and medications. Due to this unexpected expense, I can't afford to proceed with the next program as planned. This leaves me no choice but to apply for a PGWP for one year.

My concern is regarding the validity of my study permit. Technically, I'm currently on summer break, intending to start the second program in September. I have until June 28th to pay for the first term. Does anyone know if not enrolling in the second program automatically invalidates my study permit from that day onward?

Any insights would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding my study permit. I originally had a study permit valid from September 2023 to November 2025, as I planned to pursue two programs (I have the LOA for both programs) However, circumstances have changed, and I've recently completed the first program.

Unfortunately, my dog fell ill a month ago, and I had to cover nearly $17k in hospitalization, tests, and medications. Due to this unexpected expense, I can't afford to proceed with the next program as planned. This leaves me no choice but to apply for a PGWP for one year.

My concern is regarding the validity of my study permit. Technically, I'm currently on summer break, intending to start the second program in September. I have until June 28th to pay for the first term. Does anyone know if not enrolling in the second program automatically invalidates my study permit from that day onward?

Any insights would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
If you graduated from the first program then study permit expires 90 days after program completion.