+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What Happening with Canada?

countryheart

Nov 11, 2013
What Happening with Canada?

Canadians love own country but why they don’t enjoy their holidays? For Example our neighbors USA every holidays are like would be last one. 4th of July vs Canada Day? For USA is big family and patriotic events with not only serious subjects but more fun with anthem playing proudly and loudly with flags and ribbons everywhere for Canadians is just long weekend or day off with patriotic serious subjects we don’t see flags that much etc.
Thanksgiving – seriously? Just ones go to USA and check what happening there you will be amazed or scared because is so big – in USA you can feel that is Thanksgiving with walking around the towns or at work, sports events etc. for Canada is just long weekend sadly again.
Christmas Season – again is long weekend for Canadians and big event for USA.

Why is that? Why we Canadians can’t respect and proudly enjoy holidays and be proud that we are Canadians – show that to our neighbors that we are better and we love our country more than ever.
Is it because Canada is more open for deferent cultures and easily give up our country to different nations. In USA is more people than in Canada more different cultures and nations but they somehow safe their traditions and culture. Why Canada can’t do the same? Canada is becoming more Asia, India Arabia etc. and I won’t be surprise that one day we will start celebrating holidays from that regions as a national holiday. In Canadians workplaces you can see time to time emails that is a some religion holiday from middle east or Asia, India. Even You can be fired because you will say Merry Christmas to somebody in workplace because you not respect other religion hmm... but if I am fired that employer wont respect my religion? Hmm.... Do you see what happening?

Spending some time in USA open my eyes for a lot of things. BTW I am not from USA I am from Europe and I have to admit that My country is kind of racist. So when I was there I didn’t like many things because my culture and religion were different so one time somebody took me on the side and have a serious talk with me – shortly they told me that if I don’t like it go home because we are proud what we have and what we fight for. After that I understand that I came to their house and I am guest so I have to respect them as I would like them to respect when they come to my country.
What Happening in Canada is people coming to Canada and start making own rules and bringing own religions and cultures and they make Canadians to respect them not other way, and using a racist gun. And Canadians don’t fight telling that is our country and we are proud of it, so our holidays are becoming less powerful every year so one day they can disappear forever and we will have different holidays.

We can’t be proud like USA and fight for our culture and make Thanksgiving as a Thanksgiving and not long weekend. Tell other nation to accepted or leave our beautiful country and go back where they come from if they don’t like it. Stand Up Canadians protect our country, culture and tradition, because if not we will lose everything what our grandfathers fight for it.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Canada Day and Thanksgiving have been far less nationalistic / patriotic holidays in Canada than in the US for a very long time. This isn't anything new or recent. I was born in Canada and have lived through many decades of Canada Days and Thanksgivings in Canada. Many of my Canadian-born friends treat these two days as days off from work (especially Canada Day). In fact, I see my recently immigrated friends get far more excited about these holidays and what they mean than I do. So if you want to blame anyone - I would blame the long-time Canadians.

The US has also been far more outwardly patriotic than Canada for a very long time (we are two different nations with different characteristics and cultures). So I don't think it's any surprise that you see far more patriotism in the US on July 4th and Thanksgiving than you do in Canada. For me this is normal and expected.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is how Canada is, which makes us different than Americans. Thats all

countryheart

Nov 11, 2013
We are different we are Canadians but this doesn't mean that we have to ignore our traditions because some new immigrants bring own and make us to respect their culture and tradition - if not they will calling us a raciests - they know they w are scared of this word so we will let them do whatever they want.

We are Canadians and we have own culture and tradition - for me is very important and suppose to be important for all of us.

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
Actually, relaxing for the long weekend and not getting worked up is a very important Canadian tradition, stop trying to change it . . .

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
I don't know why, given my venerable years and education, I still argue with random people on the Internet. Anyway, here goes:

- Canada's civic culture is infinitely healthier than that of America. Of course, I'm deeply biased, being an American.

- secondly, neither country's culture is monolithic. Many people have their own traditions, that they don't have to surrender because some twit like you gets a bee in their bonnet and wants to march down the street or something. I, for example, come from a Mennonite tradition, you might have heard of it. You won't like it, because it is one of the traditional peace churches. What that means, in day-to-day life, is that I feel exempt from soldier-worship; on holidays like Remembrance Day, it means that my perspective is rather different from that of mainstream America. Here in Canada I suspect that a decent proportion of the population agrees with me; they are also polite enough that they don't go around blustering their opinion, when other people are observing the day in orthodox fashion. Remembrance Day is not, actually, an opportunity for discussing defense policy or philosophy. I'm not certain that you understand that Remembrance Day is not a glorification of the military, or military service, or war, or national defense.

When I see people like you writing about how it is 'to late' (sic), I assume that you're part of the paranoid fringe that predicts Muslims will conquer the West; perhaps that's unjust, but that's how those people tend to write (including the spelling error). Believe what you wish, but if you're the other option, then bring on the Caliphate. Cheers!

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Waived: RPRF requested: November 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
countryheart said:
We are different we are Canadians but this doesn't mean that we have to ignore our traditions because some new immigrants bring own and make us to respect their culture and tradition - if not they will calling us a raciests - they know they w are scared of this word so we will let them do whatever they want.

We are Canadians and we have own culture and tradition - for me is very important and suppose to be important for all of us.
I'm very curious as to why you decided to join a forum for a very wide range of immigration topics when you make statements like this.
Just because one country does something different, doesn't mean another country has to follow.

I will take a line from a previous post of yours on this site - your first post in fact:

If you don't like it then leave