+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What forms should we upload for upfront medical exams done via eMedical?

Zoide

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
Costa Rica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My wife and I took our upfront medical exams several weeks ago. Now the "Document checklist" on the PR application requests the following:

"You require a medical exam. Learn how to get an upfront medical exam. In order to submit your online application, you will need to upload the information printout sheet or the IMM 1017B Upfront Medical Report form. Your doctor will give you one of these forms when you complete your medical exam.

If you cannot get a medical exam before the deadline to submit your work permit application, you may submit proof that you have a scheduled an appointment."

I called the doctor's secretary and he said that they don't give 1017B forms anymore because it's all done online.

The only thing they had given us was an "eMedical Tracking sheet" which contains our basic info, photo, and a UMI number. However, all exams (Syphilis Test, Medical Examination, Chest X-ray, HIV test) show as "Referred" or "Required" because the sheet was printed out when we first registered at the doctor's office.

What should we upload?

Thanks

Elrud

Jun 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, that's the procedure for e-medical. Upload the e-medical tracking sheet.

Zoide

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
Costa Rica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Elrud said:
Yes, that's the procedure for e-medical. Upload the e-medical tracking sheet.
Even if it says that the exams are pending? (It was printed out before I took them)

Thanks

Elrud

Jun 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zoide said:
Even if it says that the exams are pending? (It was printed out before I took them)

Thanks
Yes for me too it says so.

It says pending because it will be uploaded online when the test is there, ready by the physician.

That's why they give the tracking sheet as proof that you did it. The physician will send the test report online to cic directly, after which you can request a copy of the report from the clinic.

Zoide

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
Costa Rica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Elrud said:
Yes for me too it says so.

It says pending because it will be uploaded online when the test is there, ready by the physician.

That's why they give the tracking sheet as proof that you did it. The physician will send the test report online to cic directly, after which you can request a copy of the report from the clinic.
Do we *have* to request and upload the copy of the report? I just called the doctor's office and they said everything's done online and there's no need to give me anything...

Elrud

Jun 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zoide said:
Do we *have* to request and upload the copy of the report? I just called the doctor's office and they said everything's done online and there's no need to give me anything...
True; you don't have to upload the test report as that is sent directly online by the clinic.

Depending on the clinic policy, mine said I can get a copy after it is done for a fee.

Elrud

Jun 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Elrud said:
True; you don't have to upload the test report as that is sent directly online by the clinic.

Depending on the clinic policy, mine said I can get a copy after it is done for a fee.
If you want to know that you passed the medical, you need to get grade A everywhere ans not B.

Go in person and ask the doctor; they don't give information over the phone. Ask the receptionist.

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW

It's all normal guys.

The information sheet/acknowledgement receipt, which we had received from the hospital says the following.

'The status of an individual will not appear as 'Complete' in the exam list until your case has been submitted to IRCC. This may not occur all results are finalised after you have left the clinic.'

So, if you have got this information sheet/acknowledgement receipt from the clinic, then you don't need to worry, even if your sheet shows 'Referred' or 'Required' or 'Pending' or anything else. You just submit this receipt in your profile. IRCC has its own way of accessing the e-medical, and it'll verify your data from your UMI number.

Hope it helps.

salikgilani

Apr 27, 2017
Hey! A bit off topic, but I have my e-medical exam this week. The doctor has asked to bring my passport and 'whatever' documents CIC has provided. I looked online. There was nothing spectic. Could I please know what documents to take with me?

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
salikgilani said:
Hey! A bit off topic, but I have my e-medical exam this week. The doctor has asked to bring my passport and 'whatever' documents CIC has provided. I looked online. There was nothing spectic. Could I please know what documents to take with me?
For medicals, you only need :

- Current valid passport,
- Recent passport size photos (take 4 - 5 of them with you)
- Any previous medical reports (if any)
- Required fees (in cash preferably)

Previously, CIC used to send the applicants message regarding medicals to get done. So, at that time, applicants were required to take CIC correspondence letters with them. 'But, now if you are doing it upfront, then you just need the above docs for medicals.

Aqsahar

Jun 14, 2017
I got my upfront medical done recently. how to i upload my tracking sheet . Like where do i do it ?

jesuscares

Jun 11, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-08-2017
AOR Received.
10-08-2017
Med's Done....
10-08-2017
Passport Req..
20-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2017
LANDED..........
23-11-2017
I got my upfront medical done recently. how to i upload my tracking sheet . Like where do i do it ?
You need to upload the emedical sheet into the proof of medical exam section. Out of curiosity, did the doctor say when he or she was going to upload your results?

rekhabishop

Star Member
Jun 19, 2017
I went to the bank to get my POF. They dd everything properly. The only thing missing was the contact number and e-mail address. When I told them, they said we will write it by hand. Would tht be okay?
The paper will have all signatures and stamps.

GA90

Aug 15, 2017
Hello, Guys, I did my upfront medical test 2 weeks ago. The Nurse from the clinic told me that I have nothing to do in regards to my application and they will submit it online. I called them yesterday and they confirmed that they have sent it through e-medical. Now, everybody on this forum is suggesting to inform CIC with my e-medical tracking sheet. Do I have to inform CIC or they already know? If yes, how should I do this?

P.S: I didn't apply through express entry program. However, this is the only thread that was talking about upfront medical tests.

Aqsahar

Jun 14, 2017
What i did was i sent it to them by mail and let the doc to to upload too . i just wanted to be on the save side now it says my medical is approved hope it helps